Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Litepro and FnHon frames

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Litepro and FnHon frames

Old 04-10-19, 11:22 AM
roedeer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Contact details LitePro

Originally Posted by GTA
I' am in contact with some of the main folding bike frame manufactories in China. Regarding the mentioned brands, FSIR, CRIUS, LITEPRO, FNHON...... if you guys have any question, I would like to help you to get more information.
Can you provide contact details of LitePro or shops that deal with LitePro Wheels?
I am looking for a 16 inch 3 speed backwheel for a narrow frame (106mm width), that doesn't have a rear derailleur hanger. One possibility is a gear hub or a 3 speed cassette with an adapter as rear derailleur hanger.
Any suggestions for possible suppliers?
Old 05-14-19, 06:45 PM
BromptonINrio
Stardust

Bikes: Dahon Curve Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton M6r

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by roedeer
Can you provide contact details of LitePro or shops that deal with LitePro Wheels?
I am looking for a 16 inch 3 speed backwheel for a narrow frame (106mm width), that doesn't have a rear derailleur hanger. One possibility is a gear hub or a 3 speed cassette with an adapter as rear derailleur hanger.
Any suggestions for possible suppliers?
aliexpress have those wheels and parts from many sellers
Old 05-15-19, 08:46 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
Fn & David Related , family?
Old 05-15-19, 10:37 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, 1982 Stumpjumper, Alex Moulton AM, 2010 Dawes Briercliffe, 2017 Dahon Curl i8, 2021 Motobecane Turino 1x12

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1646 Post(s)
Liked 1,785 Times in 1,041 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
Fn & David Related , family?
I understand (second hand) that the founder and CEO of FNHon was a former Dahon management team member. FNHon is not the first or last to set up shop building Dahon copies, knockoffs and look-alikes, sometimes using Dahon patented designs without permission or paying royalties.

Dr. David Hon's original mission was to green the earth by putting the maximum number of bottoms on bikes and Dahon the company rarely takes legal action against other bike companies (the Brompton used the Dahon-patented 45º folding handlepost throughout the life of that patent). For this, he's regularly cast as a villain here on Bike Forum - Folding Bikes.

Never seen one in the metal, but reports here and elsewhere on the 'net indicate FNHon bikes seem to be pretty well turned out and now have some innovations of their own.
Old 05-15-19, 11:12 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
there was a Hon Metal Furniture company too, as I recall , that's why the Da- was added ..
Old 07-12-19, 01:17 AM
Michael suseno

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA
I' am in contact with some of the main folding bike frame manufactories in China. Regarding the mentioned brands, FSIR, CRIUS, LITEPRO, FNHON...... if you guys have any question, I would like to help you to get more information.
Can you inform distributor who sell litepro branch?
Old 01-17-20, 02:36 PM
Jombe

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA
Hi GTA, can you provide me a contact for the FNHON manufacturers or distributors/sellers please?
Old 08-29-20, 09:59 AM
vyck

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
do you know where to find fnhon frames in china? i'm afraid of choosing the wrong store and get the counterfeit items.
Old 08-29-20, 06:55 PM
BromptonINrio
Stardust

Bikes: Dahon Curve Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton M6r

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by vyck
do you know where to find fnhon frames in china? i'm afraid of choosing the wrong store and get the counterfeit items.
This store is very nice

JAVA GIANT FOURIERS TSUNAMI BIKE Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtdeK1l
Likes For BromptonINrio:
Old 01-01-21, 07:15 AM
jmcullough101

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
For some reason, Fnhon Gust is officially marketed as bike for the ladies here in Indonesia, they make ladies bike community out of it. I still can't wrap my head around it cause supposedly it's chromoly and not alloy and hence not very lightweight. *shrugs
Old 01-01-21, 10:43 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by jmcullough101
For some reason, Fnhon Gust is officially marketed as bike for the ladies here in Indonesia, they make ladies bike community out of it. I still can't wrap my head around it cause supposedly it's chromoly and not alloy and hence not very lightweight. *shrugs
Given the resilience required of the folding bikes, alu is not providing much of weight advantage while bringing risk of failure somewhere down the line. Gust looks like a nice bike, but I could not find a single photo of it being equipped with fenders. Is there any problem with having fenders on that bike, if you know?
Old 01-01-21, 07:01 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
I would love to be able to get an Fnhon Storm, V-brake frame/fork, here in the USA. Then I could have the bicycle that I want without having to buy a Dahon Speed and all of the parts on it that I don't want.

Last edited by Nyah; 01-01-21 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-01-21, 07:28 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevinator
Wow these are awesome!! Exactly what I've been looking for...nice folding frames for major mods!

This is my folding ebike project from 9 yrs ago. Bought the Dahon Boardwalk S1 mainly for it's chromoly frame, as opposed to it's low price, because the more expensive folders were aluminum. I needed the chromoly so I could spread the fork and dropouts for my custom wheels. I would have bought one of these LitePro frames if they had been available. Love my Boardwalk, but there's a few things I've been wanting to upgrade still, like the stupid 1 piece non-adjustable stem/handlebar (considered non-standard even to Dahon lol). Hate the fact that most upgrades require permanent mods.

Kevinator's Dahon Boardwalk S1 - modified

Kevinator's Dahon Boardwalk S1 - modified
I would love to know haw far you were able to
successfully spread the fork of your CrMo Dahon
Boardwalk S1. Maybe I can do it with my Dahon Speed,
to accept 100mm front hubs.

Last edited by Nyah; 01-01-21 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-02-21, 07:05 AM
jmcullough101

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2_i
Given the resilience required of the folding bikes, alu is not providing much of weight advantage while bringing risk of failure somewhere down the line. Gust looks like a nice bike, but I could not find a single photo of it being equipped with fenders. Is there any problem with having fenders on that bike, if you know?
I don't know if there's any particular issue with that but if it's helpful, mudguard isn't really the norm here in Indonesia and Singapore for custom bike. Probably because most are casual riders.
Old 01-02-21, 11:30 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by jmcullough101
I don't know if there's any particular issue with that but if it's helpful, mudguard isn't really the norm here in Indonesia and Singapore for custom bike. Probably because most are casual riders.
Thanks for the info. Of concern, though, is that some photos in a Google search must stem from other areas of the world, just by probabilistic considerations, and still no fenders are to be seen. In any case, the bike looks nice and I will look for opportunities to check it out in person and poke into the fender issue.
Old 01-02-21, 08:06 PM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
Thanks for the info. Of concern, though, is that some photos in a Google search must stem from other areas of the world, just by probabilistic considerations, and still no fenders are to be seen. In any case, the bike looks nice and I will look for opportunities to check it out in person and poke into the fender issue.
we are working on bamboo fenders that will fit the 16” models.
Likes For Pinigis: