Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

New Orleans / Northshore Bike Shops & Rides Advice Please

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 09:01 AM
LouisianaRider

Bikes: Trek Madone, Yeti 575

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd like to, if the group doesn't mind, get a little assistance from cyclists who have been in the area for longer than my short tenure here...

I am a Brand Advocate for Saris, CycleOps trainers and rollers as well as PowerTap (hubs, wheels, wheelsets and cranksets).

I generally do several giveaways per year as well as product demos and stuff like that. I prefer doing them at rides (MS150, Tour de Cure, etc) or at bike shop events...

So - where to go? Any big rides that y'all prefer? And, what are your favorite shops on BOTH the NS and the SS?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-31-16, 01:58 PM
FunkyStickman
On a Mission from God

Bikes: '10 Surly LHT, Rat-rod Klunker, '82 Peugeot PH12 Centennial

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Been a while, nobody answered? Hm.

The only major shop in N.O. I've been impressed with is Bicycle World in Jefferson. There's a handful of others around... though it's been a few years since I lived there (I'm in Thibodaux now). I didn't get around to the Northshore very much. Westbank Schwinn was decent, can't remember any others that were great.

In Houma, there's BG Bicycles, caters to the recreational racers, Doctor/lawyer crowd, and high-end tri stuff. There's a few race teams here, and several crits and tours in the Houma, N.O. and B.R. area. I think there might even be some Cyclocross stuff in Baton Rouge (not familiar with any shops there, but they do have a velodrome).