Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Blicks Bag

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-11, 12:50 AM
WickedOne513

Bikes: CAAD8 5, Killo Stripped

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blicks Bag

If any of you follow Blicks Bags at all you have seen my monster bag on her site. First off I would like to say that they have been the best to work with hands down. I originally contacted them after talking a little in the forum about another bag that I was thinking about ordering and the terrible response. So following is the email that I sent to her:

25 x 16 x 12 would be the dimensions that I would like and it set up to be worn over the right shoulder. With the two pockets on the front I would like those to be shorter but keeping the 3D and closing with velcro. Between the two pockets I would like to have two pen slots each slot that could fit two pens, or a CO2 inflator. Behind the 2 3D pockets I would like to have a flat open top pocket on the outside of the bag. Bellow the two 3D pockets, I would like to have two smaller 3D pockets with vertical zippers that would be on the outside edges these pockets should only need to be 3 x 6 to be used for personal items. Between these two lowest pockets I would like the loop for the light. Would like to have a second strap added that would go over the left shoulder (x-strap), this strap would need to be adjustable. I would like it if the was a slot when that strap could be stored inside the flap, if unable then would need a clip to keep that strap secure. The closure for the main flap I would prefer if that was velcro but just one piece that was 3-4 inches wide but instead of going vertical go horizontal. With the bag spun around the front I would like a U-Lock on the left side of the outside of the bag, and on the right would like a bottle holder. I would like to keep the two compression straps on the top of the sides, and have two compression straps along the bottom On the inside of the bag I would like to remove the pen slot and replace it with another bottle holder, and add one more on each side so giving a total of 4 holders. For the over all color of the bag I would like a light gray cordura with a reflective trim for the top flap and a reflective strap stitched along the bottom of the bag. I have a image of toothless that I would like embroidered on the flap. Please email me if you have any confusion of question about what I mean.
Thanks

So I got the bag little after Christmas and it was great, she went above by making the two lower pockets removable, something I didn't think about but a very nice touch. This bag has all the bells and whistles but is built supper tough. I have ridden in snow, rain even worse the melting snow with salt mixed in. Everything stays dry and safe.
first 3 pics are from blicks

inside the bag with helmet and u-lock

front of the bag with the removable pockets on this is the way the bag is set 99% of the time

pockets removed

u-lock holder

Bottle holder and a perfect C02 inflater pocket. Don't know if it was intended or not but works great for it.

the flap closed can see the custom art work that they did for me... Yes its toothless from how to train your dragon.

but the coolest thing is she made toothless reflective

I am sorry this is short but if you have questions please post or pm and I will reply as soon as possible..

But Blicks is where I am going from now on.
Old 02-01-11, 01:10 AM
Leukybear 
THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Looks great. Utility is through the roof! How much was it? I'm starting to consider a blicksbag aswell now. You won't mind if I use your idea with some of my own tweeks will you?
Old 02-01-11, 01:16 AM
WickedOne513

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tweek away I love this bag and put a lot of thought into it. But each person has things that work better for them than others.... Huge thing for me was the Right Shoulder if your not a lefty you probably wont like that.

As far as the cost it was 230 ish
Old 02-01-11, 06:56 AM
vw addict

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, Cannondale R700, Specialized Langster, Iron Horse Hollowpoint Team, Schwinn Homegrown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The craftsmanship looks to be second to none, I'd say it's a keeper. If I ever need another bag I know who is making it.
Old 02-01-11, 07:39 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
A link for the curious: https://www.blicksbags.com/
Old 02-01-11, 08:17 AM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Sports Tourer (Polo), S-Works E5 Team Festina (Chorus 11), Trek 2200 Bonded Carbon (Fixed), Trek 920 (7 speed IGH), Chesini Olimpiade SL (1x7)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blicks is a Real American Hero.
Old 02-01-11, 08:24 AM
walnutz

Bikes: CO-OP ADV 3.1 aka Beeftank (stolen, RIP), State All-Road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 75 Posts
What an awesome bag. Whenever I need another one, I'm definitely going through them.
Old 02-01-11, 08:35 AM
thedutchtouch

Bikes: Leader 722ts

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
looks great, i was trying to decide between blicks and seagull, was leaning blicks, but then was given a gift cert. for seagull so my decision was made for me. blicks definitely looks like a quality product.
Old 02-01-11, 09:02 AM
calamander

Bikes: Raleigh Grid Lock, Nishiki Prestige, Scott Cheyenne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Agree with all said. Bought a Pica last fall for pub runs/watching soccer games, but I ended up using it all fall as my commute bag. Packed nice and light, and sure beats carrying big bag everyday. This time of the year it is a backpack for me.
Old 02-01-11, 09:39 AM
WickedOne513

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I requested this one this size for a couple reasons, I carry lots of boxes around and the easiest way is to strap them to my bag, I was using a chrome citizen before this but honestly it just got to small, when I commuted with a rain jacket (live in the midwest never trust the weather man) tool kit, laptop, plus my books. Thats one of the reasons I really like this big is that I compress it down for my normal day commute and when I need it grows.
Old 02-01-11, 10:59 AM
Nick The Beard

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, Torker U-District

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just ordered one recently. I was confident I made the right choice even though I never had my hands on one and your post is like the icing on the cake. I'll have to post a review when mine comes in!
Old 02-01-11, 11:29 AM
blickblocks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to hear you're digging the bag. If yall have any questions don't be afraid to ask. (^_^)
Old 02-01-11, 12:44 PM
avner
Fueled by Tigers Blood

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im a few weeks short of sending my Wig bag into blicks to have her remake my straps. She's been active on this forum for ages and I absolutely love her bags. (not to put my wig down. I've been rocking that bag for a year and it's carried everything plus some, and it's comfortable with a full load to boot.)

But blicks, does your hip bag come with belt loops as well?
Old 02-01-11, 02:39 PM
WickedOne513

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
She makes great stuff, the craftsmanship is insanely good..
Old 02-01-11, 03:08 PM
VT tallbike

Bikes: fixed gear raleigh super record, Fixed gear tall bike, SS tall bike, Triple high tall bike, Trek 4500, Diamond back viper, trek 800/nishiki chopper bike, I think/hope thats all

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have one of her hipbags, and I bought one for my EX over a year ago. Really awesome work. I will definitely continue to support blicks for future bag needs.
Old 02-01-11, 05:21 PM
PluperfectArson
沒有腳踏車的居民

Bikes: Mericier Kilo TT Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wait, so Blicks does custom bags?

I might have to change my thoughts and look into her again.

My biggest problem with a lot of bags these days is they do not have enough pockets.

blickblocks, I will PM you and see about it.
Old 02-01-11, 06:27 PM
avner
Fueled by Tigers Blood

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
doo it, Im completely sold on a hip bag. Which I will be ordering by the 10th.
Old 02-01-11, 07:58 PM
blickblocks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avner
im a few weeks short of sending my Wig bag into blicks to have her remake my straps. She's been active on this forum for ages and I absolutely love her bags. (not to put my wig down. I've been rocking that bag for a year and it's carried everything plus some, and it's comfortable with a full load to boot.)

But blicks, does your hip bag come with belt loops as well?
It used to, but I decided to switch to an integrated belt instead. If you want one with belt loops in a certain color/embroidery I'd be more than happy to do that!
Old 02-02-11, 01:35 PM
SRTboy

Bikes: Schwinn Circut, KHS TEAM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine just got finished! I will post pics here when I get it!
Old 02-02-11, 05:49 PM
Nick The Beard

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, Torker U-District

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SRTboy
Mine just got finished! I will post pics here when I get it!

+1
Old 02-02-11, 06:11 PM
evilcryalotmore
モㄥ工匕モ 爪モ爪乃モ尺

Bikes: Custom frame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like the way the bags strap
Old 06-07-11, 07:27 AM
johnxyz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blicks vs Seagull messenger bags

I've been researching both Blicks and Seagull for a messenger bag - craftsmanship and options seem solid from both companies (coincidence they're both in Ohio vs CA or NY...)

Interested in the Pro's and Con's of Blick vs. Seagull bags. Their price points seem a little better than the uber-expensive bags from the other small (cottage industry) sewers like Bailey Works, PAC, etc that are so often mentioned. I suppose Chicago Wig is also in the Blicks - Seagull camp. Any other small, well-priced brands that are even better?

I don't want a Chrome because of the seatbelt buckle release - which people always press and it falls off. Timbuk2 and Rikshaw are out, too just because..... Thanks for any recommendations.

Originally Posted by thedutchtouch
looks great, i was trying to decide between blicks and seagull, was leaning blicks, but then was given a gift cert. for seagull so my decision was made for me. blicks definitely looks like a quality product.