Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 or CF SL 8.0?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-27-20, 03:51 AM
Finklestein

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thinking about getting a new bike but don't know whether to get the Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 or the Aeroad CF SL 8.0. They both look the same and the names are almost identical. SLX is more expensive, but it's on sale right now. The only 2 differences in specs I see are the wheels and the cockpit. Can someone define the differences between two of the almost identical bikes so I don't make a bad purchase later on?
Old 04-27-20, 04:31 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Finklestein
Thinking about getting a new bike but don't know whether to get the Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 or the Aeroad CF SL 8.0. They both look the same and the names are almost identical. SLX is more expensive, but it's on sale right now. The only 2 differences in specs I see are the wheels and the cockpit. Can someone define the differences between two of the almost identical bikes so I don't make a bad purchase later on?
The SLX frame is even lighter than the SL frame.

But looking at their website, where you see the SLX 8.0? I only see WMN SLX 8.0 Di2, all the Aeroad CF SLX otherwise are 9.0's.
Old 04-27-20, 05:21 AM
Finklestein

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh yeah I see that it is lighter, but I still think their pretty much identical. Looks like I'm going to go with the SLX unless it goes offsale.

The non women's SLX one should be in the outlet bikes section
Old 04-27-20, 08:43 AM
justonwo

Bikes: 2020 Pinarello Dogma F12 Disc (Enve SES 3.4), 2020 S-Works Roubaix (Zipp 303 NSW), 2020 Canyon Ultimate Evo 10.0 (DT Swiss DICUT 1100), 2006 Cervelo Soloist (10 speed Ultegra), 2018 S-Works Camber, 2019 S-Works Epic

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 32 Posts
From Canyon’s FAQ: Not the best place to put this description, but here it is:
  • Canyon has three different types of carbon-fiber used with frames and forks: CF SL, CF SLX, and EVO.

CF SL represents a balance between strength and weight. This is a carbon-fiber frame, and fork, with a compliance-focused carbon-fiber layup. This produces a comfortable ride feel.

CF SLX represents the next step in carbon fiber, building on CF SL. This is a professional-level carbon-fiber frame, and fork, with high-modulus carbon fibers at the head tube and bottom bracket. This creates a stiff, highly responsive ride feel.

CF SLX frames are about 140 grams lighter than CF SL frames, while CF SLX forks are about 75 grams lighter than CF SL forks.

Beyond CF SL and CF SLX, EVO is Canyon’s pinnacle of carbon-fiber technology, utilizing ultra-high modulus and ultra-high tension carbon fibers. This produces a heightened stiffness-to-weight ratio. EVO frames are about 140 grams lighter than CF SLX frames, while EVO forks are about 40 grams lighter than CF SLX forks. This is the pinnacle of cycling engineering.
Old 04-27-20, 12:38 PM
RedBullFiXX

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
I have a CF SL Aeroad rim brake, and even that is quite stiff compared to CF SLX Ultimate