Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Vittoria Corsa 2.0?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-07-20, 06:48 AM
Mattyb13

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Tarmac Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Currently using Specialized Turbo Cotton 26's on my 2017 Specialized Diverge. All pavement riding. Starting to look at my next set of tires. Love the Turbo Cottons but also interested in the Corsa 2.0. Love some opinions on them. Feedback? I ride roughly 400-500 miles a month. Thanks.
Old 04-07-20, 07:00 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,435 Times in 4,663 Posts
Clincher or tubeless?

I'm still very interested in the tubeless variety, but too many reports of very tight beads/difficult mounting meant that Schwalbe and Conti tires have jumped ahead on the list of tires to try.
Old 04-07-20, 08:14 AM
RedBullFiXX

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
My favorite combo
Corsa Speed G+ 2.0 TL 25c front (75psi)
Corsa G+ 2.0 TL 25c rear (80psi)
30cc orange endurance ea.

Grippy wet or dry, durability on par with GP5000
I like the GP5000, but Vittoria tires do ride sublime, and imo corner with more confidence
Old 04-07-20, 08:43 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
My favorite combo
Corsa Speed G+ 2.0 TL 25c front (75psi)
Corsa G+ 2.0 TL 25c rear (80psi)
30cc orange endurance ea.

Grippy wet or dry, durability on par with GP5000
I like the GP5000, but Vittoria tires do ride sublime, and imo corner with more confidence
What wheels and how were they in terms of mounting?
Old 04-08-20, 11:50 AM
RedBullFiXX

Originally Posted by WhyFi
What wheels and how were they in terms of mounting?
Hunt, Reynolds, Zipp
Mount mostly by hand, not easy to inflate at first, use of a boost bottle, or compressed air is advised

I like the versatility of the Corsa tires as they do not required a hooked bead rim

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 04-08-20 at 11:55 AM.
Likes For RedBullFiXX:
Old 04-08-20, 12:09 PM
WhyFi

Hunt, Reynolds, Zipp
Mount mostly by hand, not easy to inflate at first, use of a boost bottle, or compressed air is advised

I like the versatility of the Corsa tires as they do not required a hooked bead rim
Nice - good to know. I have some Reynolds but the reports of tightness made me leery on the Corsas. Of course, with tubeless, reports of difficulty should be taken with a grain of salt, because you never know what kind of experience someone brings to the table, but what I'd heard was enough to make me take a pass when Excel had them on discount. Next time I'll grab some, though! Thanks!
Old 04-08-20, 01:25 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Nice - good to know. I have some Reynolds but the reports of tightness made me leery on the Corsas. Of course, with tubeless, reports of difficulty should be taken with a grain of salt, because you never know what kind of experience someone brings to the table, but what I'd heard was enough to make me take a pass when Excel had them on discount. Next time I'll grab some, though! Thanks!
l think Merlin has them on sale now I believe.
Old 04-08-20, 01:32 PM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by colnago62
l think Merlin has them on sale now I believe.
Thanks. I have enough tires for the year, so the current Merlin prices aren't terribly tempting. When Excel had them on sale, I think that they were under $40 each.
Old 04-08-20, 06:44 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
I would say that the vittorias feel extremely grippy in the dry but don’t inspire nearly as much confidence in the wet. Duh.

I have no way to objectively measure grip but I’d say they feel significantly grippier than my old, old Specialized turbo pros. Could be the compound, could be the age.

They definitely feel very comfortable at a given pressure, but you already have turbo cottons, which I imagine are similar. I wouldn’t use the word “fast” to describe them unfortunately. I’m sure they are fast, but they don’t have that floaty-glidy feel unless I pump them up quite hard, harder than I’m willing to.

Last edited by smashndash; 04-08-20 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-08-20, 06:51 PM
RedBullFiXX

Originally Posted by smashndash
I would say that the vittorias feel extremely grippy in the dry but don’t inspire nearly as much confidence in the wet. Duh.

I have no way to objectively measure grip but I’d say they feel significantly grippier than my old, old Specialized turbo pros. Could be the compound, could be the age.

They definitely feel very, very comfortable at a given pressure, but you already have turbo cottons, which I imagine are similar. I wouldn’t use the word “fast” to describe them unfortunately. I’m sure they are fast, but they don’t have that floaty-glidy feel unless I pump them up quite hard, harder than I’m willing to.
I will agree to disagree on how they feel in the rain, The Corsa's give a lot of confidence, at least on my bike
Small data point of course
Old 04-08-20, 07:04 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
I will agree to disagree on how they feel in the rain, The Corsa's give a lot of confidence, at least on my bike
Small data point of course
I think there’s a very low cap on much confidence can be delivered in the rain. I haven’t descended too much in the rain. Most of my rain experience is on flatter rides so 🤷‍♂️ I’ll defer to you.