Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Scooter Style ebikes

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Scooter Style ebikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-10, 06:42 PM
LesMcLuffAlot
Pedal faster not harder.

Bikes: Ummmm...Cannondale F4000..Ummmmm...Yeti ARC-X Cyclocross..Ummmm...Rocky Mountain Vertex TO with a BionX PL350 Electric Conversion...Ummmmm..Rocky Mountain Cardiac..Ummmm..thats it for now I think. I'd have to go look in the basement to be sure.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Huh? I don't see an electric bike. I see a electric scooter. Where are the pedals?
Old 02-15-10, 07:03 PM
Allen

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LesMcLuffAlot
Huh? I don't see an electric bike. I see a electric scooter. Where are the pedals?
Unlike those mopeds we were plagued with a while ago there are parts here than could be purchased at the LBS.
I'm going to leave this one out of the Scooter thread.
Old 02-15-10, 07:03 PM
Allen

Originally Posted by LesMcLuffAlot
Unlike those mopeds we were plagued with a while ago there are parts here than could be purchased at the LBS.
I'm going to leave this one out of the Scooter thread.
Old 02-15-10, 08:27 PM
morph999 

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check this one out. Plenty of room for batteries and take off that rim on the front and put on a powerful hub motor and you got a really nice bike

https://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-bicycle...item27ac6ed678

Old 02-15-10, 08:30 PM
morph999 

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let me know if you guys know about any cool scooters or bikes that are modifiable. That's probably going to be my next project.
Old 02-15-10, 08:31 PM
Allen

And now it gets folded into the scooter thread.
Old 02-18-10, 11:13 AM
legal e-bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
e-bike

I have read that a lot of people including the ministry of transpotation, are worried about legislation of e-bikes. What is legal and what is not, Pedals , weight, speed, and age seem to be of great concern. Maybe some one should check on the safety of chargers that are not being certified for use in Canada or United States, befour one of your homes burns to the ground **********? I do know that at Least Veloteq uses certified and tested chargers that are proven to be safe in our homes. Paul
Old 05-26-10, 07:16 PM
Dauntless

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lepton-e Oxygen: How do you hook up the batteries?

This is a wreck from someone's garage when he moved. No batteries when I got it, so I'm figuring it out. The problem is there's a red terminal, a black terminal, and a WHITE terminal. Someone tied the white wire over with the red one, doesn't have to have happened on the assembly line. I"m just wondering if it should hook to the positive battery the way it looks as though it had been. But the blurry picture in the owners manual looks like maybe it's connected on the negative side. The problem is, maybe not, this is really hard to base a decision on.

My gut instinct is that an extra line is an extra ground.

Anyone know how this bike works?

Old 05-26-10, 11:37 PM
Mabman

Bikes: Some

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikes have pedals. That is a scooter.
Old 05-31-10, 05:07 AM
Oshawaebiker
Techie

Bikes: Bike: Volt Canada Dream Ryder

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Dauntless;10871557]This is a wreck from someone's garage when he moved. No batteries when I got it, so I'm figuring it out. The problem is there's a red terminal, a black terminal, and a WHITE terminal. Someone tied the white wire over with the red one, doesn't have to have happened on the assembly line. I"m just wondering if it should hook to the positive battery the way it looks as though it had been. But the blurry picture in the owners manual looks like maybe it's connected on the negative side. The problem is, maybe not, this is really hard to base a decision on.

My gut instinct is that an extra line is an extra ground.

Anyone know how this bike works?

You would probably get more answers over on the visforvoltage.org forums they have a section for Lepton scooters.
Old 05-31-10, 12:53 PM
Dauntless

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mabman
Bikes have pedals. That is a scooter.
Uh, no. Only pedal bikes have pedals. Nonpedal bikes do not have pedals.

Is the thread called "Scooter Style ebikes?" Why, yes. Is THIS a scooter style ebike? Why yes, it is. The California DMV has even registered it as a BICYCLE, i.e. two wheel cycle.

VisforVoltage is inert with regard to the Oxygen at the moment. They had a service manual, but the database has been damaged and it's gone. Endliss Sphere brought no response also. (Sigh) All the other electric seems to work, but it just doesn't go.
Old 06-07-10, 04:00 AM
Oshawaebiker
Techie

Bikes: Bike: Volt Canada Dream Ryder

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sorry Dauntless but the Lepton Electric Scooter is classed the same as a low powered motor scooter, it is not a scooter style e-bike. It does not have pedals and does not have the 32kph / 20mph speed restriction or the 500 W / 750 w motor restrictions.
Old 06-07-10, 10:11 AM
lawrencehare

Bikes: Campagnolo Mondia, Moulton TSR8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dauntless
Uh, no. Only pedal bikes have pedals. Nonpedal bikes do not have pedals...
Then Dauntless, how do you define a bicycle? Every dictionary I have checked has words that state in one fashion or another "propelled by pedals." A bicycle has pedals, and it is by the pedals it is propelled.

What is your definition of a bicycle?
Old 07-14-10, 09:09 AM
giggyman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
electric scooter-HELP

electric scooter -HELP
Hi folks-my son was given an electric scooter a while back but i am not sure of its origin to look for parts.The scooter is red and 24v and has the name stingray on the footrests.The problem is that the wheel bearings are damaged and chain turns continually while failing to engage the wheel-sorry for poor description but my knowledge is really limited.i have added a pic same as this but with stingray written on footrests.can the bearings(if that is the right part name be replaced)when i opened loads of steel bits broken inside.The frre wheel hub or bearing9dont know proper name) has the writing 'san you ning bo' if this helps?
Attached Images

Last edited by giggyman; 07-14-10 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-14-10, 11:25 AM
nwmtnbkr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That looks like it could be an Xtreme electric scooter. If so, it uses a 350W motor. It sounds like the rear clutch might need to be replaced; if the chain turns but the scooter won't move, it's usually the rear clutch that needs replacing. Do you see a brass colored ring attached to the rear socket? That would be the clutch, you can pick up a replacement clutch for $7.00 from tncscooters.com. Good luck.

Attached Images
File Type: gif
103210..gif (17.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-05-10, 08:02 AM
cgattny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
X-Treme XB 700 Li Scooter

Hi all,

I am considering getting this scooter. I am impressed by the lithium battery and the 700 watts. X-treme has alot of models all over the place and the 700 Li is on back order at many of the dealers who are selling them.

Does any one have any experience or on this scooter?

Thanks,

Cgattny
Old 12-09-10, 02:19 PM
bobrules

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
e-wheels ew-600 electrike bike review?

Has anyone tried out or has the e-wheels ew-600 electrike bike ? It's moped style and looks awesome. The range is impressive but I can't find reviews anywhere. More info can be found here: https://www.scooterlectric.com/E-Whee...Bike-EW600.htm . Thanks everyone.
Old 12-09-10, 07:34 PM
Sangesf

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
43 miles is exaggerated.
More like 30.
28 mph would be over the legal limit for a bicycle in most states.
Other than that, I can't tell you any more.
Old 12-10-10, 05:07 PM
bobrules

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ahh ok. I might have to take a chance on these then.
Old 12-30-10, 11:12 AM
tpreitzel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solar Scooter

This effort has been doable for a few years ... a nice, clean design:

https://www.chinafirstcapital.com/blog/archives/2346
Old 12-30-10, 11:41 AM
sunnyday

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I glanced thru the article...a couple things seem like bullcrap to me...

the inventor claims it should sell for a price of $750 and thats with lithium/lifepo4 batterys...I predict there is no way in hell you will be able to buy something like that, if its functional, here in the U.S for $750 .

the article claims a person can ride around all day long, as long as there is sunlight, and have battery power to do so.....I seriously doubt those claims..ecspecially for somone like myself who weighs 280lbs...and lives in a mountainous area with steep roads.

Maybe a chinaman that weighs 110 lbs and is 5 ft tall, could ride around most of the day on flat roads , without running the battery to low, but even that would be doubtfull IMHO...
Old 12-30-10, 11:46 AM
sunnyday

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the $750 price really seems like a pipe dream...considering that quoted price is for the whole unit...motor/ lipo battery system , moped..and solar cells pre built into the design...

heck..I just purchased a electric bike kit....which doesnt include solar panels or the bike..and the best price I could find, after shopping around for several weeks, was $754....

IMHO...if they ever achieve the claims, made in that article , for a solar moped that is totally rechargeable by the sun in a quick efficient manner , such a setup is gonna cost a MINIMUM of $4000 here in the U.S....

why do I say that ?

Because the reality is , our governments and elite in control, do not want a society that can become non dependant on gas/oil and be able to do much of their travelling with FREE energy like solar .
Old 12-30-10, 12:24 PM
tpreitzel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On a mass production scale, one can likely assemble a solar assisted bicycle (semi-enclosed cab with built-in flexible cells) for ~ $1500. I agree that the price for this prototype in the US would be much closer to the $2000+ range if mass produced.
Old 12-30-10, 12:55 PM
Trikin'

Bikes: Catrike Trail/Catrike Expedition

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
I've seen these little scooters zipping along on the sidewalk, often squeesing past people who belong on there. Rarely do I ride on the sidewalk, I prefer the street and consider myself another vehical who obeys the rules of the road. Someone is going to get hurt enough times where our city offical's are going to require all of us to licence our rides, then insurance and on it goes.....
Old 12-30-10, 01:47 PM
crackerdog

Bikes: xtracycle, electric recumbent, downtube folder and more

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
B.S. blather is so much easier than defying the laws of physics as we see every couple of months. It always amazes me that anyone would invest in something that doesn't even have one working model.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.