Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Are gas powered bikes welcome here too?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.
View Poll Results: Should gas powered bicycles be admitted to the forum?
No not under any circumstances.
38.03%
Only if they have their own sticky thread.
8.45%
Yes I'd like to see them discussed here.
26.76%
Yes, but I want other forms of propulsion to be discussed too.
26.76%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Are gas powered bikes welcome here too?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-08, 01:19 PM
electrogreen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now I know why stockel left.
Old 08-15-08, 01:24 PM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Bikes: Gary Fisher, Strong GT-S eBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by electrogreen
Now I know why stockel left.
And why I'm getting ready to as well.

Sianelle, you've made a mess of things.
Old 08-15-08, 04:46 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Anyone would think I was promoting human sacrifice or something

As I said in the beginning this is an experiment. Besides I haven't exactly noticed hordes of gas powered bike owners flooding in to the forum, - so what has changed so much?
If there is no particular interest in opening up the forum and electric bicyclists continue to fall on their swords I am more than willing to say that I was wrong and put things back how they were.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 08-15-08, 05:38 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how in the world is this a mess of things? leaving cuz we want to talk about gas bikes? i fail to see how this is a bad thing. my uncle who is a cop in Chicago rides gas bikes a lot. what is the big deal???? i thinkthe Sianelle is doing a great job at what she does. IMO i don't see anything in stockel's last post saying anything about why gas bikes should be allowed or not. it was a well put togeather peice, i'll say that much, but also failed to remotly stay on topic and stick to the subject. at 60 his genoration is fading and the way the newer gen thinks is different. But to leave just cuz some of us thinks gas bikes would be fun to talk about? come on. honestly. can ya be a little more mature about this? and befoere you say I'm the immature one, at least i didnt leave the forum just cuz i didnt get my way and the admin didnt agree with me.And electrogreen, we are not talking about avitars and a dead language here. Why did you even bring this up? dont change the subject just cuz you think it can incrimitate someone all cuz you dont like her. She must have the patitents of a saint to take all the unnessesary abuse people are throwing at here.

Last edited by cheesepuff12; 08-15-08 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-15-08, 07:23 PM
electrogreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stokell
The truth is that I can choose to spend 20 years getting annoyed with minion low lifes or I can dance in the sun with people who think dancing in the sun beats living under a culvert.

I choose the latter.

Read more...here
I couldn't have said it better.
Old 08-15-08, 07:51 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Even after reading Stokell's webpages I'm still mystified as to what the problem is. I'm not the enemy, I ride an e.trike and I believe in the use of appropriate technology. My religious faith forbids me from squandering the resources of the earth and I live simply and I reuse and recycle as much as I possibly can.

The only thing I can dispute with Stokell about is his choice of stout. Guinness is much better
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 08-15-08, 08:03 PM
phinney

Bikes: Schwinn Rocket 88, Schwinn Fastback, Cannondale Road Tandem, GT Timberline rigid steel mtb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sianelle, for what it's worth I think you're one of the best mods on the net.
Old 08-15-08, 08:30 PM
tpreitzel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sianelle
Even after reading Stokell's webpages I'm still mystified as to what the problem is. I'm not the enemy, I ride an e.trike and I believe in the use of appropriate technology. My religious faith forbids me from squandering the resources of the earth and I live simply and I reuse and recycle as much as I possibly can.

The only thing I can dispute with Stokell about is his choice of stout. Guinness is much better
You can't please everybody ... Although subjective, I appreciate your use of the adjective, appropriate, when describing technology. Technology can be a harsh mistress.

Last edited by tpreitzel; 08-15-08 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-20-08, 01:30 AM
meb

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I found the voting locked out.

The purpose of this forum is electric bikes.
Bringing in gas powered bikes blurs the focus of discussion.
There is sufficient nexus to the bike forums focus for a place within bike forums.
But gas powered bikes should be in a new separate forum rather than in the electric bike forum.
Old 08-20-08, 10:33 AM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well ya. Wasn't that the original intention? make a section for only gas powered bikes?
Old 08-20-08, 03:45 PM
BroadwayJoe
Both Coasts...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I found some Latin for ya - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
Old 08-20-08, 04:21 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well bless you, that was really interesting.

The intent behind Latin scholarship was that it was a universal language that enabled scholars and churchmen from different countries to communicate with one another. In many ways English - and French to a certain degree, - have become the universal languages of the world and Latin has fallen out of use. However for anyone who is interested in the study of the Early Church, Latin is well worth the effort to learn.
Old 08-20-08, 07:27 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe
I found some Latin for ya - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
what do you hope to accomplish by trying to insult someone? are you racist? do you hate people who speak a language you don't? How arrogant and rude. I'm humbled by how nice and un-threatening she is to put up with the very immature and hurtful behavior. I cant respect someone who so blindly attacks another person for some bull **** reason. Stop going off the topic to try and break downs someones spirit. Grow up people! this isn't youtube! you cant just go around and try to start a flame war. From what I have seen with her putting up with all this, all i can say is that she is a damn good moderator, and i think its time we all realized the harm some members are trying to do. its just wrong.
Old 08-21-08, 03:50 AM
meb

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cheesepuff12
well ya. Wasn't that the original intention? make a section for only gas powered bikes?
No, the OP/moderator proposed placing it within the electric bikes forum rather than as a seperate section.
Old 08-21-08, 05:15 AM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yes to start with. This is an experiment and it may lead to a seperate sub-forum being created if there is the demand for it.
Old 08-21-08, 09:47 AM
electrogreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes to start with. This is an experiment and it may lead to a seperate sub-forum being created if there is the demand for it.
The only demand I see is for your immediate removal as moderator. You failed to take any action on a member who flamed me and continue to reduce bike forums to a forum for ICE lovers.
Old 08-21-08, 11:02 AM
porschetoyz

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
wow!

I am a lurker from the folding bikes forum.
I happened here hoping to learn a bit about eBikes from the BF site. I had been to motoredbikes.com site to see IF using a bike/bob/yak/trailer/etc... was feasible to take me about 100 miles north of NYC to my country home fixer-upper. An eBike simply does not have the range. Add the rolling hills to the north approaching the Catskill Mountains, and an eBike is a no-go. A motored bike *could* be possibility. I enjoy coming to one forum and reading that sub-sections that interest me.

Sianelle:
I want to support you as a moderator. You offer perspective, insight-fullness, and balance.
Everyone has an opinion, ok. But it saddens *me* when others become hurtful and selfish in their sharing.
Old 08-21-08, 11:44 AM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well then. The poll winner is "No, not under any circumstance!". So you have your answer.

Yes, there are more votes in the other sections but nobody can agree how to implement a gas bike section.

I think the message is pretty clear: People don't want you to mess with the eBike forum as it stands today and while people are interested in alternate forms, they can't agree how to implement it.

What else do you need?
Seems to me like the experiment is over.
Old 08-21-08, 11:46 AM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by porschetoyz
wow!

I am a lurker from the folding bikes forum.
I happened here hoping to learn a bit about eBikes from the BF site. I had been to motoredbikes.com site to see IF using a bike/bob/yak/trailer/etc... was feasible to take me about 100 miles north of NYC to my country home fixer-upper. An eBike simply does not have the range. Add the rolling hills to the north approaching the Catskill Mountains, and an eBike is a no-go. A motored bike *could* be possibility. I enjoy coming to one forum and reading that sub-sections that interest me.

Sianelle:
I want to support you as a moderator. You offer perspective, insight-fullness, and balance.
Everyone has an opinion, ok. But it saddens *me* when others become hurtful and selfish in their sharing.
You did read the forum title did you? It says "eBike".

I'm all for a gas bike section, so long as it's elsewhere and not mixed up with eBikes.
Old 08-21-08, 12:40 PM
porschetoyz

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Zeuser:

I did READ the forum title.
I DID read the forum TITLE.
I DID READ the FORUM title.
I DID READ THE FORUM TITLE.

No question. I also explained my reasons for ending up here, in this *eBIKE* ONLY forum. May you did't *read* my post.....sooo quick to jump on another forum member. I normally don't post in forums, leaving the petty-nasty banter to others. I *may* go back to just taking, and not contributing. Wait a moment! I *may* not.

Sianelle:
I support you EVEN more as a moderator.
GOOD LUCK!!
WOW.
Old 08-21-08, 02:17 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
People, lets all be civilized! This is NOT about mods, this is about letting gas bikes be allowed. I think gas bikes having there OWN section apart from the e bike section is an answer we can agree on. If they have separate sections from each other, there will be no mass confusion.
Old 08-21-08, 02:28 PM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cheesepuff12
People, lets all be civilized! This is NOT about mods, this is about letting gas bikes be allowed. I think gas bikes having there OWN section apart from the e bike section is an answer we can agree on. If they have separate sections from each other, there will be no mass confusion.
^ Give the man a cookie!

And this is the right Poll -> https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=456839

That's what the poll should've been

Last edited by Zeuser; 08-21-08 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-21-08, 03:24 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeuser
^ Give the man a cookie!
I would like a chocolate chip one please
Old 08-24-08, 02:44 AM
davadio
ebike commuter

Bikes: Izip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gas powered bikes welcome in the E-bikes section? Ha! What a concept!! You are kidding Right? Kind of a bad joke though Sister Annie-- But consider yourself forgiven. No, on second thought, that will cost you a few hail Marys.
Old 08-25-08, 06:03 PM
JakeEdwards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NO NO NO
What part of NO don't you understand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.