Search
Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Hello From Salt Lake City

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 12:31 PM
luv_to_cycle

Bikes: specialized s works stump jumper (old but a goodie) and a old Phillipe road bike (12 speed shifters on the downtube)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello From Salt Lake City

Hi Everyone,

I just joined. These forums look like they have pretty good activity. I started riding last week of June. Been having a great time riding both my mtn bike and road bike. Any one have any great rides they recommend for a newbie?
Old 09-30-11, 08:51 PM
Nycycle

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
WOW! where would I start, lets see I don't know how old yall is or how hard you ride. I retired from MTB riding as I never had time. But I did find some real fun MTB spots, 5 mile pass ATV area has some fun MTB riding, everything from gullies to chasing jack rabbits if you got the energy. I didn't care for anything in Davis County, personally.
The 5 Mile pass is a thing where you decide how much you want to do, and its fun.
I found the funnest riding in St. George and Moab, but thats a lot of driving.
I now just ride the Long Haul Trucker any where I can where I might not get hit by a car.
I wish you well in your new sport and have to say Cycling is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Old 10-01-11, 09:34 PM
waldowales
Old Fogy

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You need to go here to find out anything you want to know about mountain biking:
https://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphpBB2/index.php
For a quiet, peaceful, road ride, try the Jordan Parkway Trail. Just find the Jordan River, there are trail heads everywhere. For a flat, easy ride, try the Legacy Highway trail. Immigration Canyon is a popular ride, with some moderate climbing. Send me an email and I'll give you a phone number to call me for more ideas and descriptions.
Old 10-01-11, 09:49 PM
luv_to_cycle

Bikes: specialized s works stump jumper (old but a goodie) and a old Phillipe road bike (12 speed shifters on the downtube)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I had a great ride in the Strawberry Narrows. It has been many years though since I have riding that many miles in the mtns. Sure makes me want to do more. I went with two friends that did a great job not making me feel about about how slow I was!!