Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Groupset effect on value -- '87 Pinarello Montello

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-20, 09:27 PM
Dylansbob 
2k miles from the midwest

Bikes: ~'75 Colin Laing, '80s Schwinn SuperSport 650b, ex-Backroads ti project...

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 446 Posts

Soo, I've got the above Pina, has Mavic bars, stem, seatpost, starfish crankset, brake levers, and hubs. I found it wearing a 105 (1050) drivetrain and calipers. I expect that I'll sell it this spring at some point.
Should I spend the winter watching for drivetrain upgrades? I'm wondering how much de-valuation the 105 would be versus spending a few hundred to find some more appropriate replacements Or am I overthinking things
Old 09-06-20, 06:21 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,925 Times in 1,491 Posts
I kinda agree. If you’re willing to part with the Maverick gear and still have the 105 remount it and sell the maverick separately.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk