Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Please help identify bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-21, 12:37 PM
Frankgoose98

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Please help identify bike!!

Hello everyone,

thank you very much for taking the time to have a look at this thread, i hope it's not a waste of anyone's time because it may not be vintage.

I have no idea what bike this is, i have some photos of it, there are a few stickers on it like mountain biking UK and STIF bikes which i believe are the bike shops and suppliers not the maker.

However i haven't been able to find anything online about it.

so please if anyone could tell me what it is firstly? And is it worth anything?

please can an admin or someone post the pictures from my gallery As I haven’t posted enough yet. It’s the silver frame with red centre it’s in front of a vine and all the pictures after that are close ups. (Not the Norman!! Which is at the start)

Ps thanks to all those of you who had helped me out on the other thread i created about a 1950s norman (Only wish i had read the replies BEFORE i took the cottered pins out hahahaha)
Old 01-18-21, 03:19 PM
Frankgoose98

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i cant post photos so please can someone post them for me, they should be on my profile
Old 01-25-21, 01:57 PM
fleslider 

Bikes: 1974 Paramount ~ 1974 Raleigh Pro ~ 1977 Pro-Tour ~ 1978 TX900 ~ IronMan 85,87:E/M,88:M/Pro,89:E ~ 98 Peugeot Festina Replica

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 91 Posts
Pic assist
Old 01-25-21, 02:00 PM
fleslider 

Bikes: 1974 Paramount ~ 1974 Raleigh Pro ~ 1977 Pro-Tour ~ 1978 TX900 ~ IronMan 85,87:E/M,88:M/Pro,89:E ~ 98 Peugeot Festina Replica

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 91 Posts
Being that its from over the pond from me , I won't be much help.

If i were to guess i would say early 2000's maybe late 1990's . there is date codes stamped in the shimano componentry you can use to help narrow it down.
Old 01-25-21, 03:33 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,248 Times in 1,308 Posts
The cantilever brakes paired with the threadless stem makes me think it's mid 90's. Is that a Shimano Alivio sticker on the seat tube? To me it looks like a model that's straddling the low and medium range of a manufacturer's offerings. This would be a ~$60 bike in the US.