Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1967 Schwinn

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

1967 Schwinn

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 02:01 PM
Z3027R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah, i am not sure. it seems stock, but i still cant figure how to get it lower. idk?
Old 12-02-20, 02:02 PM
Z3027R

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
thanks
Old 12-04-20, 09:10 PM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Z3027R
Yeah, i am not sure. it seems stock, but i still cant figure how to get it lower. idk?
There's definitely something wrong with the stem quill / steerer tube match up!!! The stock stem should be able to slip completely into the steerer tube. As I mentioned (as have others) the stem is barely holding on to anything. Very dangerous to ride it that way! Perhaps there I'd an obstruction in the steerer tube preventing full insertion of the stem quill. I'd remove the stem and inspect the inside of the steerer tube for anything that prevents the quill from inserting fully. Also, make sure that the wedge that screws into the bottom of the stem fastening bolt is free of rust and can also slide completely into the steerer tube. While both the wedge and the inside of the steerer tube should be rust-free, I don't think it's recommended to lubricate that interface. I does need to be tight!
Old 03-06-21, 10:47 PM
VicsDaughter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You did a beautiful job restoring this so far. It's tempting me to think about working on my dad's. He has a Chicago 1971 Schwinn but I can't tell if it's a Varsity or a Collegiate. I'm sure for experts there's an obvious differences but I can't tell visually. Good luck on this!
Likes For VicsDaughter: