Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Gevenalle

Old 02-14-21, 04:12 AM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 522 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3228 Post(s)
Liked 3,853 Times in 1,436 Posts
Originally Posted by avhed
Which Tektro levers are used in this. I want to use just use the Gevenalle for the right side and buy a matching brake lever for the left.
If you buy a 1x set from Gevenalle, you’ll get the matching lever with it. No need to buy another one.
Old 02-14-21, 09:54 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10898 Post(s)
Liked 7,386 Times in 4,145 Posts
I shifted from the drops. Maybe it was the combined bar angle and hood angle that happened to make it possible? Not sure, didn't realize it was an issue.
I shifted from the drops with my pointer finger.
Old 02-15-21, 11:02 AM
pbass

Bikes: 2016 Surly Cross Check, 2019 Kona Rove ST

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
First, let me be clear that when I thought my hands were too small to use them it was before I had tried them. There probably are some positions where I have to move my hands a bit to shift — they’re the only shifters with reach-around technology — but having been using them for nearly seven years I don’t even think about it. I’ve got them on three bikes now and really like them.

Not being able to shift from the drops is the one real drawback, but I don’t ride in the drops much so it doesn’t bother me.
Ah, understood. Yeah, I never quite got on with it (mine was a 1x). Have watched some videos of riders shifting away effortlessly with these, but I couldn't seem to make the shifts without scooting my hand forward fairly significantly. Maybe my hands are smaller than I think! Sits in my bin though---may give it another try next time I'm putting that setup together.
Likes For pbass: