Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Specialized Power Saddle

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Specialized Power Saddle

Old 06-21-16, 07:29 PM
MacAttack

Bikes: Kona Dew Drop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized Power Saddle

I've tried pretty much every Specialized saddle, and I really like the Power saddle. It's hard to go with one of the other saddles after trying this one.
The only problem is that on my downstroke the edges of the saddle wings dig into the back of my thigh sometimes, sometimes not. Need to figure that out.

Last edited by MacAttack; 07-23-16 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Too long
Old 07-23-16, 05:53 PM
MacAttack

Bikes: Kona Dew Drop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Went on a 22 mile ride today on the Power saddle. I'd recommend it to everyone.
Previously I was testing it without bike shorts, & the edges of the saddle irritated me, but with bike shorts that was no longer a problem.

If I had a bike store & was only allowed to sell 1 saddle this would be it. As long as you get the correct width there's almost nothing to go wrong.
They've pretty much solved the most common problem which seems to be perineum pressure. In that regard it's great when riding on the hoods & even
better in the drops.

Also with the stub nose there's absolutely nothing to hit your thighs, & it feels like you can pedal so much faster because your legs are so free.
So they've pretty much eliminated perineum pressure & eliminated chafing from the nose, so like I said there's not much to go wrong unless the edges of the wings bother the back of your thighs. Best saddle I've tried & I can't imagine any saddle being much better until competitors copy it & maybe make a small tweak here & there.

(Riding with handlebars even with seat, Power Comp Model-155, Sitz bones are 122)
Old 07-23-16, 06:14 PM
Jofu

Bikes: 2015 Spec Roubaix Expert, 2016 Spec Diverge Expert X1, 2018 Allez Sprint eTap

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Good to hear! I certainly like mine as well, have had it for over a year, and no complaints whatsoever

Geoff
(Mine is the pro model with padding level 1, 143mm)