Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Fun wearing off?

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Fun wearing off?

Old 01-06-21, 01:45 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2594 Post(s)
Liked 1,922 Times in 1,206 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
I have begun a job search and hope I can find something that allows for a nice bike commute...although that is not the main consideration.
Good point. When we bought this house, I never considered cycling to work (only hippies did that!). Now when She Who Must Be Obeyed mentions going house hunting, I start mentally drawing a radius that's within a comfortable commuting distance from the main job areas in town, and then mentally X-out those that are on or over steep ridges, or don't have viable options to large thoroughfares, etc.
Old 01-06-21, 04:07 PM
burritos

Bikes: 2021 Polygon Siskiu D7, 2008 Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Good point. When we bought this house, I never considered cycling to work (only hippies did that!). Now when She Who Must Be Obeyed mentions going house hunting, I start mentally drawing a radius that's within a comfortable commuting distance from the main job areas in town, and then mentally X-out those that are on or over steep ridges, or don't have viable options to large thoroughfares, etc.
That's a very good name for my missus.
Old 01-06-21, 04:24 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
yeah, I've used it here too

Genesis 49:16-17
Old 01-06-21, 04:33 PM
vancityrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
I worked remotely from home for a couple of stretches in the warmer months of 2020 and found riding in the morning was tough.

Now that my job has ended, I am free-lancing from home and finding it tough to ride in the mornings, especially because it's winter. I'd ride to office in 7F and snow and really enjoy it. But without the need to get anywhere, it is tough to get motivated.

I have begun a job search and hope I can find something that allows for a nice bike commute...although that is not the main consideration.
Yeah similar situation here bud. I've lost two jobs during this pandemic (Both lasted for a little while) but I did enjoy the commute. I live in the downtown area so I took my bike to work. Ideal situation would be to have something like that again, but I'm open to ideas. We get a lot of rain here (No snow) so biking isn't that bad. I do have a pair of CEAT Gripp X3s on so I'm good.