Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Free pay shipping Bertin and Diamondback frames

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-24, 03:02 PM
Nwvlvtnr 

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 81 Posts

Before I go to the local Co op I figured I’d offer these here first. Perhaps a long shot…

Diamondback Mountain Bike no longer available.

62 cm Bertin Tourer. While a Bertin it’s ugly and likely made from lesser tubing. Accepts 25.4 post, bottom bracket cups and lock ring included may also include the crank and spindle if you’re into steel cottered cranks.

1991 Diamondback Axis Team, top of the line Model made from True Temper ‘Ultra II OX” tubes. Sadly it was missing the original fork and decals when I acquired it. I love the early nineties splatter paint. Ive always been superstitious about cleaning cosmetic mud from mountain bikes and certainly this one as she still wears that beautiful North Shore red clay from Oahu. The derailleur hanger threads have been drilled out and used with a threaded insert that I will include. Photo of complete bike for reference only.

Happy to talk bikes and provide additional information or photos.

Last edited by Nwvlvtnr; 02-28-24 at 02:12 PM.
Likes For Nwvlvtnr:
Old 02-27-24, 07:58 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked 476 Times in 219 Posts
North Shore bike trail frame for the win.

Shoots.
Old 02-27-24, 09:10 PM
Nwvlvtnr 

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
Interesting. You don't often see shifter bosses combined with a kickstand plate and cottered crank.
On top of that the fork had Durifort tube decals (that is why I bought it) but I can’t imagine a frame accepting a 1” seatpost being made from a Durifort Tubeset.