Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi 1982 Nuovo Racing 12/V

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-19, 09:03 PM
gptaylor44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi 1982 Nuovo Racing 12/V

I purchased this Bianchi 1982-3 Nuova Racing 12/V using it increasingly infrequently up to 1991. After that it was stored in a heated attic where it has remained. I've posted an album of 13 photos. I'm looking for an estimate of its value before attempting to sell it on the marketplace. thanks

Last edited by gptaylor44; 09-02-19 at 01:23 PM. Reason: misspelling of Nuova (it's NOT Nuovo)
Old 09-02-19, 06:33 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2938 Post(s)
Liked 2,934 Times in 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by gptaylor44
I purchased this Bianchi 1982-3 Nuovo Racing 12/V using it increasingly infrequently up to 1991. After that it was stored in a heated attic where it has remained. I've posted an album of 13 photos. I'm looking for an estimate of its value before attempting to sell it on the marketplace. thanks
Good Morning and welcome to the forums. I stumbled on your pics yesterday but couldn't find an associated post until now. The Flash brakes would make it an '84. It looks in pretty good shape but but needs a good cleaning and the bearings should be regreased.

Prices on these vary widely depending on location and of course condition. The paint and originality of yours are a plus but as stated it needs some work. Wiped and down really well with some lemon pledge and posted on craigslist your might get $300-350 again depending on your location. If you willing to help get it shipped, at buyer expense, detailed really good and posted on Ebay you might net closer to $500 or more from someone looking for the bike they never should have sold.

From someone like me....I looks at thsi bike, nice as it is, as a project and immediately see all the work I need to do, overhaul and deep cleaning, new tires, bar tape, I might only be willing to go $200-250

BTW these are great pics for a first time poster

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-02-19, 01:19 PM
gptaylor44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good Day! 2 Sept 2019

$300 to $500 sounds about right. Like all my bikes, I'm interested the Bianchi getting a good home. Glad you like the pictures. And yes, having owned a Raleigh Grand Prix, a 1960s Fregus all Campy Racing bike I purchased from Bill Carow, the Olympic speed skater and still later a Peugeot PX10-E, I have some experience with bike detail. A good camera, of course, helps as well. The bike would certainly need deep cleaning with repacking of the wheel and crank bearings with new grease for the back derailleur. And yes the tires would need to be replaced. Thanks for the thoughtful comments and the the good advise, it is much appreciated.........Geoffrey