Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Garmin Apps - Widgets

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Garmin Apps - Widgets

Old 07-14-19, 01:58 PM
wobrien

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Garmin Apps - Widgets

I have a Garmin Edge 520 bike computer. I don't usually customize things like that with apps. I was redesigning my screens and found a reference to having it monitor my gear selections. It is called Gear Ratio. Are there any apps that you all are using that you like? I would appreciate any ideas / recommendations and others might as well.
Old 07-16-19, 06:50 AM
tntyz

Bikes: 2018 Domane SL7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts
The gear ratio stuff works in conjunction with Di2+EWWU-111. I use it and like it.

I play around with widgets occasionally, but haven't found anything that I have to have. Some have a slick looking interface that shows you a ton of data on one screen. My data needs while riding are pretty minimal. The fields on my main screen are: HR, HR Zone, Cadence, Grade %, Gears. Personally, I'd rather page through 2-3 screens with focused data on each.

One that I would like to see - automatically set backlight to always on when Garmin goes into night mode.