Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Full Size Folder

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Full Size Folder

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-20, 03:35 PM
jcl1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Full Size Folder

I am looking at getting a full size folding bike for this spring/summer and didn't really see any newer threads comparing brands. My main reasoning for going the folding route is I want to be able to just put the bike in my trunk and for easier apartment storage. I previously had a Zizzo, but it was just too small. I was surprised they could get up to a decent speed, but it was still had to keep up with others, and it didn't feel stable at higher speeds.

I've read some things about Montague and Change Bike. My main use case is paved paths. Although the ability to do some light dirt trails would be nice. So far I've been looking at the Montague Crosstown vs Urban vs Navigator. From my limited bike knowledge, it seems this is really between the Urban vs Navigator as they have seem to have overall better components. Honestly the price of the Navigator is higher than I want to go though. I'm not sure how Change Bike compares to Montague, but the prices get even crazier. Any suggestions on what I should be looking at for my use case?
Old 12-16-20, 06:34 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Change bike is a really nice looking full sized bike. I was looking for something larger for my son and the Montague just seemed overpriced for what you get. Just keep in mind that speed has to do with gearing, not bike size.
Likes For kayakindude:
Old 12-17-20, 11:46 AM
zebede
Hello

Bikes: n+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Tern 26"

Tern has some 26" Tire folders: Tern Eclipse D 16

Last edited by zebede; 12-17-20 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added image