Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Bike trailer for Scorpion

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-24, 10:14 PM
BarbJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have a velotechnik scorpion e bike with a rack. In order to use a trailer i had to purchase an adapter from velotechnik. The adapter comes with a weber hitch. i am having trouble finding a trailer that will connect with the weber hitch. i know there are adapters that will retrofit a weber connect. i am just having a terrible time trying to hitch up a trailer. what trailer to buy and how to connect
Old 04-12-24, 10:18 PM
Jameth

Bikes: 2012 Gary Fisher Simple City 3, 2015 Raleigh Back Alley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Did you find an answer?

With your tadpole, is the rear wheel not compatible with trailers generally designed for traditional bikes? I would hope so, especially considering you have a 26" wheel in back.

I'm only a prospective recumbent owner (the Scorpion is on my shortlist, too), so I can't answer your question. But, I hate to see questions by new members go unanswered. If I were in your shoes, I might call the lone recumbent dealer in my area to ask for advice.
Old 04-18-24, 07:59 AM
grumpus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked 458 Times in 350 Posts
Originally Posted by BarbJ
i have a velotechnik scorpion e bike with a rack. In order to use a trailer i had to purchase an adapter from velotechnik. The adapter comes with a weber hitch. i am having trouble finding a trailer that will connect with the weber hitch. i know there are adapters that will retrofit a weber connect. i am just having a terrible time trying to hitch up a trailer. what trailer to buy and how to connect
I'm not familiar with the Weber system but it seems all you have to do is pick a trailer that attaches to the rear axle, then replace its coupling with the right size of Weber drawbar connector.
Old 04-19-24, 07:44 PM
DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 201 Posts
Depending on whether or not you need a trailer with a platform (to carry an animal or small human), I think you might consider the ExtraWheel Trailer. It attaches to a special quick release axle that came with the trailer; you swap out the regular quick release you're using now. The trailer holds a pannier on each side and a trunk bag or tent on the top. It attaches and detaches quickly and easily.
​​​ I like mine very much.