Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northern California
Reload this Page >

Sacramento Cargo Bike Community

Search
Notices
Northern California Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-20, 04:00 PM
2wheelfelicity

Bikes: Salsa Vaya, Salsa Deadwood, Centurion Le Mans, Omnium Cargo WiFi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hello!
This is just a friendly callout to anyone with a cargo bike in the Sacramento area to share your bike, your stories, your insights, or anything pertaining to cargo biking in and around Sacramento! Currently, my "cargo bike" is 90's rigid Giant Yukon with the Crust Clydesdale fork. So far so good, but looking to get the Omnium Cargo WiFi when it comes out.

Likes For 2wheelfelicity:
Old 03-18-21, 07:52 PM
greggk34

Bikes: Santa Cruz 5010, Cannondale Synapse, Colnago Master-X-Light, Surly Cross Check

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Do you guys have a website?
Old 03-18-21, 11:11 PM
2wheelfelicity

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by greggk34
Do you guys have a website?
Not that I'm aware of. I posted that only as an individual living here in Sacramento and interested in others with cargo bikes. I'm not affiliated with anything.
Old 03-19-21, 03:24 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1784 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 987 Posts
Originally Posted by 2wheelfelicity
Hello!
This is just a friendly callout to anyone with a cargo bike in the Sacramento area to share your bike, your stories, your insights, or anything pertaining to cargo biking in and around Sacramento! Currently, my "cargo bike" is 90's rigid Giant Yukon with the Crust Clydesdale fork. So far so good, but looking to get the Omnium Cargo WiFi when it comes out.

Interesting bicycle, did Giant make the Yukon like that (26" wheel in back, 16" or 20" up front), or is it an aftermarket conversion with a custom/aftermarket fork? I've always thought of getting one of those (but without the super-large basket!!) for errands and shopping, but I just don't see them in stores. If there was a fork available I'd be interested in doing a DIY modification to an older MTB.
Old 03-22-21, 11:56 AM
2wheelfelicity

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Interesting bicycle, did Giant make the Yukon like that (26" wheel in back, 16" or 20" up front), or is it an aftermarket conversion with a custom/aftermarket fork? I've always thought of getting one of those (but without the super-large basket!!) for errands and shopping, but I just don't see them in stores. If there was a fork available I'd be interested in doing a DIY modification to an older MTB.
Aftermarket for from Crust. It's their clydesdale cargo fork. Turned out to be very capable! The basket was overkill for a lot of trips, but I when I took my dog out which was fairly often, I wanted her to be able to lay down instead of having to sit up all the time. They're somewhat hard to come by just becuase they don't make too many at a time and seem to sell out quickly, but definitely available. I already sold this one, otherwise I would offer it up to you!.
Old 03-25-21, 10:41 AM
greggk34

Bikes: Santa Cruz 5010, Cannondale Synapse, Colnago Master-X-Light, Surly Cross Check

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Nice bike, skidder! What trail is that photo taken from?
Old 03-25-21, 03:28 PM
anotherbrian

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by greggk34
Nice bike, skidder! What trail is that photo taken from?
I will guess that is the Howe Ave bridge, looking west, and taken from the south side of the river.

Like right about
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5598.../data=!3m1!1e3
there.

See https://arpf.org/visit/ for more information about the trail. About 32mi long, it's a fantastic place to get away from cars in Sacramento.