Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hey! And what to buy?

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hey! And what to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-21, 05:01 PM
Tiwing

Bikes: Kona shred, Apollo Gran tour circa 1981.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey! And what to buy?

Hi all, been a long time rider and raced both road Nd mountain when I was much younger. Now getting back into the sport again after 25 years of relative inactivity. Live just outside Toronto in little town called Smithville.

I have 2 regrets: I sold my late 80s Marinoni with Ultegra when I was done racing and kept my 70s era Apollo winter trainer which I've been riding the past year, and sold my Fisher Joshua w XT and downgraded to a Kona Shred hardtail, which is still a lot of fun....

I like riding road and mountain equally and each of my current bikes has its pros and cons. Neither will get sold. Herein lies my dilemma.

My wife gave me a budget of 2500. I can push her to 3k. Do I upgrade my road bike or mountain. Road tech is so far ahead where my Apollo is as its pre SIS shimano 600... The true vintage stuff and beautiful. Mountain tech too. I'd love full suspension with a rear lockout.

If you had 2500 to spend, what would you buy? New? Used?I'm leaning to road. But I could also see scouring for a more vintage Marinoni for the memories it would bring. But. A quick XC bike would be damned sweet too.

Argh.

Cheers
Tiwing.
Old 04-16-21, 05:31 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums Tiwing.

As this is the Introductions forum, where you're supposed to tell us a little about yourself, you're not likely to get many answers here. I suggest that you ask your questions in our General Cycling Discussion forum. https://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/

Old 04-16-21, 07:18 PM
Tiwing

Bikes: Kona shred, Apollo Gran tour circa 1981.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks done.