Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Univega Grand Premio 1982

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-21, 04:00 PM
HCL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Univega Grand Premio 1982

Looking to sell custom Univega Grand Premio serial # K206592. Champagne color, chromoly, suntour, decent condition. A very reputable dealer suggested asking $750 but am not getting any bites locally. Any thoughts?
Old 04-13-21, 04:15 PM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
Sorry, but you have no photos posted, and you can't post photos until you have 10 posts. It's an anti-spam measure. So, anyone who gives you a value now is just guessing. If you're desperate for a value go to eBay and enter your bike. Then check sold listings. Won't be perfect bur better than no answer.

Go around and check out other threads and comment. You can post 5 x maximum per day until you get 10 posts, so 4 more today and 5 tomorrow.

Oops! See you have 2 threads started (each x 2 posts that are repeats). To save time, same point for other thread on Cannondale thread. Now you just get 1 more post today, unknown if a moderator will delete the doubles. If the doubles are deleted, then 5 posts tomorrow and 2 posts Thursday and you can add photos.
Old 04-13-21, 04:25 PM
HCL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks so much. Your advice is appreciated for this newbie forum user.I already emailed the webmaster about my duplicates since I couldn’t delete them.
Old 04-13-21, 06:49 PM
brian3069

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 101 Posts
$750 is unrealistic, more like $50 to $250 depending on the condition and location.
Old 04-13-21, 07:38 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,785 Posts
Location, condition, and the quality of your ad and photos, all make a big difference in how a bike sells.

Likes For cb400bill:
Old 04-13-21, 08:38 PM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
HCL
I think you can load photos on the gallery tab and then add a post asking if anyone can load them on your behalf.
Alternatively, you can post a link to another site and again, ask that someone load for you.

If you do that, please ensure you photo the "drive side" or right side as you sit on the bike. Please take detailed photos, especially of the components and stickers and anything else you think might be important.
Old 04-14-21, 05:36 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Unfortunately, even if your bike is in excellent condition, $750 is unrealistic for this bike. It's just not unique enough to command that price. No doubt, it is a fantastic bike, and if it is in excellent condition, $350 is entirely possible with the right buyer in the right market, but it will take a little time. Prices are inflated right now, as far as I understand, but I am not a high volume seller, so this is just what I have heard.

Univegas in general are very good bikes, and the Gran Premio was near the top of the line in the early 80's. Again, though, it is a high volume production bike.

EDIT: I see you described it as "custom" and "decent" condition. Custom may mean that you have some nice components on there, but it's typical that you won't be able to extract the full value of the part when installed on a bike. And "decent" condition... well, good pics will be necessary for a worthwhile valuation.

Last edited by noobinsf; 04-14-21 at 05:43 PM.