Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Question for Scott CR1 owners...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-11, 04:39 PM
ScoJo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe this is a really dumb question, but I need the peace of mind, so here it goes.

While I was trying to put on my GSC-10 yesterday, I noticed that the rim and tire of my rear wheel on the non-drive side tracked very close to the chain stay on that side, while on the other side there was a lot more room. I realize with the cassette on the opposite side that that creates a difference, but I guess I thought the frame would be designed to compensate for that, making the spacing more uniform. Is this a design feature of the SDS? Do you also see this? I never noticed this on my old Trek, but I'm not used to looking at those wide, flat chain stays.
Old 04-10-11, 05:19 PM
teokiatuan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've also noticed the same thing on my 09 CR1. Its closer to the non drive side by about 5mm. I was thinking that it might have been caused by an out-of-true wheel since some of my spokes are visibly bent but now i see that someone else has this problem too.

Which model year is your cr1?
Old 04-10-11, 06:09 PM
KoYak

Bikes: Iron Horse Warrior Expert, Dahon MU P8, Bacchetta Giro 26, HP Velotechnik Grasshopper

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScoJo
Maybe this is a really dumb question, but I need the peace of mind, so here it goes.

While I was trying to put on my GSC-10 yesterday, I noticed that the rim and tire of my rear wheel on the non-drive side tracked very close to the chain stay on that side, while on the other side there was a lot more room. I realize with the cassette on the opposite side that that creates a difference, but I guess I thought the frame would be designed to compensate for that, making the spacing more uniform. Is this a design feature of the SDS? Do you also see this? I never noticed this on my old Trek, but I'm not used to looking at those wide, flat chain stays.
i have a 2010 cr1 and the wheel looks to be evenly spaced between the chain stays.
Old 04-10-11, 06:13 PM
SVThis

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 710, 2010 Scott CR! Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^ 2010 same here. Evenly spaced
Old 04-10-11, 06:52 PM
ScoJo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine is a 2011 Pro. After reading the responses here I pulled the rear wheel off and remounted it and now it seems to be evenly spaced within the chain stays. My guess is that I did not have the skewer seated fully in the dropout on the frame. Thanks everyone, for causing me to take a second look at it!