Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

are there something like cleats with straps, bound and fixed to other shoes

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

are there something like cleats with straps, bound and fixed to other shoes

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-20, 06:22 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Quintessentium
ooh, another dyslexic bigotry-obsessed preacher.

I’ve gotten the info even without your worthless good luck:

abd I‘ve used 3 set of cleat shoes meanwhile the question doesn’t ask what these dogmatists babble.

these kind of zombies delude themselves they’re ‘helping.’ even before they learn how to distinguish what to read before reply anything.
I typically do not bag on people for poor writing skills, especially when I suspect (as in your case) that English is not the poster’s first language.

But really, if you are going to critize others reading, you first ought to work on your writing.

Some of what you write is incomprehensible.

You certainly write better in English than I can in whatever your first language is, but you are in no position to be critiquing others’ English reading comprehension.

As far as unasked for advice..... that is 90% of what Bike Forums is.

Last edited by Kapusta; 10-05-20 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-05-20, 06:36 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Looks like someone missed their nap.
Likes For Thomas15:
Old 10-05-20, 12:59 PM
Quintessentium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Of course forum is for advices, that’s what I came for and thanked to concern of many repliers and effectivenesses and put like buttons.

Whatever people couldn’t comprehend due to lack of smoothness in my writings,

so far it’s hard to believe, whatever the irregularity is, it’d be the proper reason for those people to deform my question to what imagine as ‘the problem I have’ in the entire thread which are not actually.

Originally Posted by Kapusta
I typically do not bag on people for poor writing skills, especially when I suspect (as in your case) that English is not the poster’s first language.

But really, if you are going to critize others reading, you first ought to work on your writing.

Some of what you write is incomprehensible.

You certainly write better in English than I can in whatever your first language is, but you are in no position to be critiquing others’ English reading comprehension.

As far as unasked for advice..... that is 90% of what Bike Forums is.

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-05-20 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-05-20, 01:08 PM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I wrote a question mainly for me, and maybe for a few others who might be interested, but definitely not for you whom I even can’t know possibly.

you seem like you don’t even understand why many people do their things.

oh yeah, you definitely look like need to fix yourself first.

very good luck with that.

Originally Posted by HD3andMe
I use fly adapters for post office and grocery runs. They work well, but they have the same issue that this thing complained about earlier. And that's before you add the goofy, and unneeded, straps.

"I used to do that, a pedal of MTB clip on both side and a flat adapter on one. but the side Where an adapter was keeping to fall downward because Of the adapter’s weight. plus, it looked like some contraption a bit as pedal’s colour was much brighter than while the other was black"

In short, this bot is all over the place and needs to be fixed.

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-05-20 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-05-20, 01:45 PM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Of course what i asked is uncommon, and I expected quite roughly most of what I mentioned the Flybar adapter, wouldn’t be that effective. still worth to try ‘for me’.

If you’ve read entire threads, I believe you would’t make same either cleat shoes and regular shoes comment as other bigots did.

On the other hand apart from rest, but thank you for specific sharing your experience with the adapter. Even I’d still look into the adapters, your sharing is quite notable for me.

Originally Posted by Ironfish653
You asked for something you could strap to a regular shoe and then use it to clip in and out of an SPD pedal. At least, that’s how you wrote your first post:

The Fly adapters you linked, like most all of the other similar platform adapters, are intended to be clipped into the pedal first, then you put your foot in. I tried one of those about 20 years ago, and gave it up, as snapping those things on and off (particularly off) by hand was way more of a hassle than spinning a pair of pedals on.

I’d be real careful tossing around language like that. You asked a question about a thing that isn’t very common (cause it’s an idea that doesn’t work very well) and you got mad at people who told you that.

I’m not a bigot or a zealot, especially as far as bicycles are concerned; and personally, I’m a lot of things but definitely not dyslexic; Better get right with your DSM-5 before you start throwing diagnoses around, Tough Guy.
Old 10-05-20, 07:24 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
ugh, you reminds me of blinded christian missionaries what nobody except themselves care.

if I continue to reply, it'll have to be a thesis which I don't find that much need.

so I'll hope your best for something really beneficial for your life and value and for others as well.

and I'll just roughly say that you're a validly existent individual life form, but other each individuals are so too.

Yes correct giving you useful information and helping you with my years of experience on the topic is just like missionaries who only care about themselves. You are sadly not capable of help you are too far gone to accept facts and science into your life but have fun with the blind faith (and not talking about the Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Ric Grech supergroup)

I gave you help to find a better solution to your problem as well as giving you the solution you wanted super glueing a cleat to the bottom of the shoe in any position.

I can understand you are not an English speaker natively but that doesn't account for being thick headed. It is like the old Chevy slogan "like a rock"
Old 10-05-20, 08:05 PM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
now it definitely seems that your delusion and accompanied with dyslexia seems you need to be fixed.

how do you feel after your nonsenses?

Bot, please stop PM'ing me.

You gibberish makes even less sense there.
Old 10-05-20, 08:23 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

now it definitely seems that your delusion and accompanied with dyslexia seems you need to be fixed.

how do you feel after your nonsenses?
You have gone off the rails my friend. Even Randy Rhoades is like woah that is going too far.

You come in asking for help, people help you and you attack them. It is quite hilarious but rather stupefying at the same time. If you didn't want help don't ask for help and if you wanted help, then be nice and polite when people give it to you. If you are just here to be a troll you might find the "4chans" forums to be more your liking.
Old 10-05-20, 10:09 PM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Haha, so you have idea of what’s healthy exchange and nonsense, but it miraculously doesn't apply to yourself.

let’s see from your first threads.

This bot's translation program has completely failed at this point.
Here, let's see if this works.

download_387a1ad5ba479d53c1330fefda2bc302c1c8cb90.jpg
Bot, please stop PM'ing me.

You gibberish makes even less sense there.

Look, I warned you.

I'm not interested in your farm animal photos, nor am I interested in reading your love letters to each and every one of them. It's unhealthy, and weird.

Now you'll have to suffer the consequences of your nonsenses.

particularly that farm animal and love letters look vividly 'healthy' .

oh, and I thought you warned to the bot .

you wrote it, right?

humongously healthy and sensible from the first.

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-05-20 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-05-20, 11:09 PM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
your intention of trying to help, is not accurately what I asked for.

intention to help is vital to give help definitely, but it should be done after what should be helped is figured out solidly.

I asked ideas of what I already have written, but a few people including yourself were completely irrelevant words. I didn't ask your decision in some time in your life which was different from mine in here.

giving what one didn't ask can be lead to abuse, it's neither help nor advice. it's merely self-centred narcissistic totalitarian indulgence.

conclusively, how it seemed to me is: a few members completely disregarded the given subject and alternated to just something roughly lookalike and ranted about it.

which isn't appliable to what I'm trying to do at all.

not just reading something online and understanding it, everything doesn't exist in order to human can think conveniently.

that's why I simply asked any info regarding 'something like cleats with straps which binds to non-cleat shoes at first.

and didn't say my intention which did not become the subject in the posted question.

besides, if you see some of other of my comments, you'll able to see that I expressed thanks to people who concerned and punctual ideas maybe a few like record in a couple of other posts too while scrolling.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
You have gone off the rails my friend. Even Randy Rhoades is like woah that is going too far.

You come in asking for help, people help you and you attack them. It is quite hilarious but rather stupefying at the same time. If you didn't want help don't ask for help and if you wanted help, then be nice and polite when people give it to you. If you are just here to be a troll you might find the "4chans" forums to be more your liking.

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-06-20 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-06-20, 04:56 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
About “dyslexia”.....

Last edited by Kapusta; 10-06-20 at 05:08 AM.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 10-06-20, 06:22 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked 1,151 Times in 872 Posts
>>> yes there are (is) "something" like cleats with straps, bound and fixed to other shoes but they are not really cleats with straps that can bind to other shoes
Old 10-07-20, 10:55 AM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I understand.
most products on the market I saw didn’t seem working too effectively, even to me.

I’ve been thinking I reform whatever I get, as to strap one of simple flat adapters by myself in different way.

thank you for courteous thought.

Originally Posted by jack pot
>>> yes there are (is) "something" like cleats with straps, bound and fixed to other shoes but they are not really cleats with straps that can bind to other shoes

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-07-20 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-07-20, 11:01 AM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I tried to be less blunt.

another pair of cleat shoes are not attached to other shoes at least as far as I know

despite my troubled writings.

Originally Posted by Kapusta
About “dyslexia”.....

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-07-20 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-07-20, 07:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

your intention of trying to help, is not accurately what I asked for.

intention to help is vital to give help definitely, but it should be done after what should be helped is figured out solidly.

I asked ideas of what I already have written, but a few people including yourself were completely irrelevant words. I didn't ask your decision in some time in your life which was different from mine in here.

giving what one didn't ask can be lead to abuse, it's neither help nor advice. it's merely self-centred narcissistic totalitarian indulgence.

conclusively, how it seemed to me is: a few members completely disregarded the given subject and alternated to just something roughly lookalike and ranted about it.

which isn't appliable to what I'm trying to do at all.

not just reading something online and understanding it, everything doesn't exist in order to human can think conveniently.

that's why I simply asked any info regarding 'something like cleats with straps which binds to non-cleat shoes at first.

and didn't say my intention which did not become the subject in the posted question.

besides, if you see some of other of my comments, you'll able to see that I expressed thanks to people who concerned and punctual ideas maybe a few like record in a couple of other posts too while scrolling.

Wait now you are saying I am abusing you because I gave you helpful advice? Jeez, you really have gone off the deep end. If you just wanted someone parrot what you said, you are barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest. If you don't want to listen to someone who knows what they are doing and does it for living that is fine don't listen but don't attack me because I did it. However keep in mind I gave you what I wanted by suggesting you super glue the cleat to your shoe.
Old 10-07-20, 09:15 PM
rebel1916

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 44 Posts
No. JFC
Old 10-09-20, 09:46 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked 1,151 Times in 872 Posts
open words go with ideas but if words can close in around ideas happiness and unity can be concluded
Old 10-12-20, 02:54 AM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
as even your last word doesn't accord to the title of the posting,

you can keep gluing your endless dyslexic brainless stupidity to yourself as much you want.

though you quite impress as typical American redneck, I hope too many Americans are not way too much like you.

Wait now you are saying I am abusing you because I gave you helpful advice? Jeez, you really have gone off the deep end. If you just wanted someone parrot what you said, you are barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest. If you don't want to listen to someone who knows what they are doing and does it for living that is fine don't listen but don't attack me because I did it. However keep in mind I gave you what I wanted by suggesting you super glue the cleat to your shoe.

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-12-20 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-12-20, 09:47 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

as even your last word doesn't accord to the title of the posting,

you can keep gluing your endless dyslexic brainless stupidity to yourself as much you want.

though you quite impress as typical American redneck, I hope too many Americans are not way too much like you.
Wow you are terrible. I help you and you just insult over and over again. I don't think you understand what dyslexia is, it is not something I have nor is it a joke or an insult. It is a real learning disorder that effects a lot of people.

I prefer to use the redneck though as less of an insult as miners used red bandanas to distinguish themselves from the gun thugs who were trying to stop their strike. You should really read up on the West Virginia Coal Mine Wars it is quite interesting. The U.S. military literally dropped bombs on its own people to put down a strike for better conditions and pay for the mine workers.

I could make fun of your country of origin but that wouldn't be fair to everyone else living there who probably isn't so ridiculous. Someone comes and helps you and you go off the deep end in another pool.

Here is one final piece of advice, get a tape recorder or digital recorder and just record what you say and play it back for yourself over and over, you could also use a computer and alter the voices so it sounds like different people giving you exactly what you wanted. The whole idea of asking a question on a forum like this is to get a variety of answers from a variety of people. In this case my answers come from working in the cycling industry for years, I get it you are new to all this and are scared by professionals but don't be scared you might actually learn something and grow (well at least that is what I thought initially before you went completely batpoop crazy). Some ideas are not good ideas for various reasons but if you are so set on this go talk to a professional fitter and ask them about your strap on idea and find out how bad it is from someone who's job it is to optimize people on a bike for comfort and fit.
Old 10-12-20, 10:22 AM
Quintessentium

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
do you think, even you’re the best bike fitter in the world even imaginarily to the fullest, does it even matter when the subject is not at all about it ? though I’m quite sure you’re not definitely that kind, instead barely sustaining your historical businesses whatever they’ve been, probably very colourful and with some debt more or less.

I can quite see you desperately try to veil yourself in thinest, vainest disguise after you’ve already disclose depthless and dejected soul, but once you’ve written all of your pitiful writings and I quote them every time I reply, there’s not much you can do about it so you keep doing your ‘performance’ on this stage.

shall we see every replies you’ve written in this threads in as history as I‘ve done with another ?

plus, even to this point of our long pleasant conversations how much your replies has been accorded to the just single line of the title,

( that’s why it actually have not been any ‘advice’ nor ‘help’ too sadly, if I necessarily point out. )

Oh yeah, I definitely think you have real learning disability most indeed and that’s exactly why you couldn’t even have escaped from this, and your wretched, shattered and shallowest life,

and since you’re an American especially with current phony and clown presidency and followed every circumstances since elected, I wouldn't think at all that it’s like you don’t make fun of most other countries, but you hardly can.

Wow you are terrible. I help you and you just insult over and over again. I don't think you understand what dyslexia is, it is not something I have nor is it a joke or an insult. It is a real learning disorder that effects a lot of people.

I prefer to use the redneck though as less of an insult as miners used red bandanas to distinguish themselves from the gun thugs who were trying to stop their strike. You should really read up on the West Virginia Coal Mine Wars it is quite interesting. The U.S. military literally dropped bombs on its own people to put down a strike for better conditions and pay for the mine workers.

I could make fun of your country of origin but that wouldn't be fair to everyone else living there who probably isn't so ridiculous. Someone comes and helps you and you go off the deep end in another pool.

Here is one final piece of advice, get a tape recorder or digital recorder and just record what you say and play it back for yourself over and over, you could also use a computer and alter the voices so it sounds like different people giving you exactly what you wanted. The whole idea of asking a question on a forum like this is to get a variety of answers from a variety of people. In this case my answers come from working in the cycling industry for years, I get it you are new to all this and are scared by professionals but don't be scared you might actually learn something and grow (well at least that is what I thought initially before you went completely batpoop crazy). Some ideas are not good ideas for various reasons but if you are so set on this go talk to a professional fitter and ask them about your strap on idea and find out how bad it is from someone who's job it is to optimize people on a bike for comfort and fit.

here's a sample specially prepared for you:

… you are barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest …

try to guess who is the first one who wrote to the wrong posting in wrong forum of attention seeking problem.

now, instead of "barking" 'help' or 'advice' all around,

try to teach yourself a bit of self-reflection if this posting is written by you or someone else,

for yourself, not for me or anyone else.

———————————

Last edited by Quintessentium; 10-12-20 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-12-20, 01:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

do you think, even you’re the best bike fitter in the world even imaginarily to the fullest, does it even matter when the subject is not at all about it ? though I’m quite sure you’re not definitely that kind, instead barely sustaining your historical businesses whatever they’ve been, probably very colourful and with some debt more or less.

I can quite see you desperately try to veil yourself in thinest, vainest disguise after you’ve already disclose depthless and dejected soul, but once you’ve written all of your pitiful writings and I quote them every time I reply, there’s not much you can do about it so you keep doing your ‘performance’ on this stage.

shall we see every replies you’ve written in this threads in as history as I‘ve done with another ?

plus, even to this point of our long pleasant conversations how much your replies has been accorded to the just single line of the title,

( that’s why it actually have not been any ‘advice’ nor ‘help’ too sadly, if I necessarily point out. )

Oh yeah, I definitely think you have real learning disability most indeed and that’s exactly why you couldn’t even have escaped from this, and your wretched, shattered and shallowest life,

and since you’re an American especially with current phony and clown presidency and followed every circumstances since elected, I wouldn't think at all that it’s like you don’t make fun of most other countries, but you hardly can.

here's a sample specially prepared for you:

try to guess who is the first one who wrote to the wrong posting in wrong forum of attention seeking problem.

now, instead of "barking" 'help' or 'advice' all around,

try to teach yourself a bit of self-reflection if this posting is written by you or someone else,

for yourself, not for me or anyone else.

———————————
Wow, this is hilarious. You have gone completely crazy, like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest was all about normal people, crazy.

I suggest you leave, you are clearly not interested in bikes or this forum and just need a place to be off your meds. This is not the place to be off your meds in fact you might want to call whoever your psychiatrist is and get the HELP you need!
Old 10-12-20, 02:57 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
in my country, there's common saying that 'if one just stay still or quiet, at least the one might do a medicore.' .
In my country we have a common saying: "go piss up a rope."
Likes For Rolla:
Old 10-12-20, 03:09 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
Thread closed. The OP asked a question, disregarded responses, and pushed patience of members taking time to help.
Likes For StanSeven:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.