Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Looking for a local RAGBRAI charter in Iowa

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-21, 06:05 PM
Pugs2xLove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts

First time participant here. Don't know all the details of this week-long event but am looking forward to experience every minute of it. Looking for a charter to travel to starting point and a ride home from end point once it's over. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Flexible on price but lower the better of course.
Old 03-17-21, 01:53 PM
Gunther20
Gunther20

Bikes: Fuji Gran Fondo 1.3; Trek Boone 5; Raleigh Revenio; Fuji Altamira

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
You could check out Pork Belly. pkbelly.com They provide transportation to the start from Omaha, Des Moines, and the end town. If you are looking for transportation after the ride I think they go back to Omaha and Des Moines.
I have used their transportation from the end town to Des Moines in the past and I'm using them for their charter/tent service this year.
Old 03-18-21, 09:05 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Charters can move you from the end point/parking area to the start, they provide a smaller campsite each night as opposed to the 'group site' that you'd use otherwise. They usually provide a 'private-to-the-group' pavilion, drinks, and other amenities (they vary by charter.) And they carry your baggage. What they don't do, AFAIK, is transport you home afterward.