Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

HRT Sensors - Recommendations

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 04-15-21, 04:20 PM
CanadianBiker32

Bikes: Maxim, Rocky Mountain, Argon 18, Cervelo S2 Team

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

This should not be a double post. However I am still getting HRT sensor problems. Numbers showing too low on a Garmin.
Now I have an old school Garmin that I use and really like. Garmin Forerunner 405. I was wondering if a brand like Polar would still work on old school Garmin

Suggestions of a decent brand of HRT sensor that is usually accurate in numbers?

that would work with any device?
Old 04-16-21, 01:10 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
I've seen some straps for pretty low. Recently someone said they had a CooSpoo strap that worked... I think, with their Garmin. The strap itself actually looks much like Garmin's first version of the Premium Soft Strap from circa 2009. What ever you get make certain it does Ant+.

Sometimes if your Garmin pod is good, you can use it with straps from another manufacturer . But I've also heard of people posting they got weird HR readings when they did that with some brands of straps. Not all, most had good results.

I still like the Garmin premium soft strap. The last one I bought quite a while ago. I think it is my second in over 12 years. I got the last one when it was on sale for less than $50.00 at Best Buy. When this strap goes bad, I'll likely still get the Garmin Strap again.

Last edited by Iride01; 04-16-21 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-17-21, 07:06 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3426 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
My HRM was reading erratically low yesterday, when I got home the battery voltage (CR 2032 battery) was down to 2.7v, put in a new battery.

In my case, if my chest strap was closer to the receiver unit, it read ok, but it had to be closer than normal. Thus, I think the radio signals were weaker with weaker battery.
Old 04-22-21, 07:05 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Quoted: 7287 Post(s)
Liked 2,364 Times in 1,382 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I've seen some straps for pretty low. Recently someone said they had a CooSpoo strap that worked... I think, with their Garmin.
I wasn't the one who said that, but I do have a Coospo, and it is paired with ridewithgps on my iphone. I haven't compared it with other monitors but the readings are entirely plausible. It was only $30, and I'm satisfied, even impressed.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 04-23-21, 05:40 AM
huffman 

Bikes: Niner Jet 9 • Santa Cruz 5010 • Litespeed Watia

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
My Garmin HR premium strap was never accurate would read crazy high numbers. Was gonna throw everything away until I saw a thread saying to get a generic strap off Amazon, bought a Livlov V3 strap for $13. The Garmin HR unit snapped into place. Works well have it paired with my old Edge 500 and my Instinct watch. It has read high one time, I use a gel for better connection. Way more accurate than my Instinct watch was without the strap.