Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Anyone rode the 2021 Kona Blast?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-20, 12:27 PM
sloar 

Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked 1,127 Times in 427 Posts

LBS has one and I was curious if anyone has any reviews that they could share. Thanks
Old 10-24-20, 11:49 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
Given it's a smaller brand, you might be waiting a while for an answer. Reviewers are going to pay more attention to the Honzos which are the fancy top end hard tails, and to the Units which are steel and have clever dropouts. It looks a lot like a lot of other bikes at this price, but it's a good brand so I'm sure it's fine. The components appear to be a good value. The only head-scratcher on spec sheet is the dinky chain ring.

Looks like Bicycling magazine did a review of last year's 29er version, the Mahuna.
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear...mahuna-review/

The ad copy says you can run 2.8 tires, but it's not boost spaced so in bottom gear you'd have to look out for chain-tire clearance. The front doesn't look very roomy either. The ad copy says it's a Judy fork but it's 100qr and Judy was only 110 boost thru axle, maybe Rockshox rebranded the XC30. Fine either way, their internals workings are the same.
Genesis 49:16-17