Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

What tools? Help with removing vintage freewheel, stem, headset

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

What tools? Help with removing vintage freewheel, stem, headset

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-20, 10:28 AM
frogman

Bikes: Wife says I have too many :-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by the sci guy
Thanks for this - I watched a video on youtube on how to remove it once you had identified it. Looks like its time to buy some chainwhips.
And yes you are correct, the bike is a '86 or '87 Cilo with all Shimano 600 components. I spent the last day taking almost everything off (with the exception of the things in this thread) and checking the date codes. More info in this thread on the bike in C&V if you're interested or have any other things to add for me: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...nfo-input.html

Looked at the thread you referenced about your bike. Really nice vintage bike ! I love the chrome fork. It is well worth it to get the proper tools you need for this overhaul and future maintenance too !
Likes For frogman: