Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Local Business - Pix and Stories

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-20, 02:08 PM
k0guz

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, 2016 REI Mazama hybrid, 2023 Tern D7i folding bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 17 Posts

Most health departments recommend solo or small group bike riding as a very good way to stay healthy in these days of the Coronavirus. There are hundreds of local businesses and coffee shops which have been good to us riders over the years; it's time for us to be good to them and patronize them, even if all they can offer is takeout. And leave a very healthy tip!

If you've taken a ride and visited a local business, please post your pictures and stories in this thread.

I rode a few miles in the crisp Colorado spring day to the local Octopus Coffee for a great latte and some 6-foot away human communication. It was wonderful, even though I had the place to myself...

20200322 113519 by Steve Carter, on Flickr
Old 03-22-20, 10:05 PM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1392 Post(s)
Liked 1,324 Times in 836 Posts
This morning I did my grocery shopping at Lazy Acres, a small southern California grocery chain, by bicycle. They have a public bike repair stand next to the bike racks in front of the store.

This afternoon I discovered my garbage disposal was leaking, and I would have been pleased to buy the replacement at my local ACE Hardware, as I did with the current unit, but they closed up shop last fall because of skyrocketing rents. (We lost our Whole Foods the same way. With the inevitable COVID-19 recession, I wonder if the landlord is second-guessing his decision to raise rents so high.)
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Likes For John E: