Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Sram Component compatibility

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-19, 06:00 PM
2wheelride

Bikes: an HM Snakehead and a Kona Dew

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking to get Sram Apex brifters (2x10) for gravel bike build. Apex FD cage is too long for my frame to be placed in the right position (currently running shimano deore 2x10 crankset) and I thought I'd go with a Sram GX 2x10 FD. However, I'm not certain if the Apex brifters use the same actuation (exact actuation) as the GX FD and also unsure if it'll be compatible with a shimano 2x10 deore crankset. I've heard from others that crankset and cassettes are interchangeably useful between brands.
Old 05-31-19, 05:26 AM
dsaul

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 800 Times in 475 Posts
The Apex and GX components both use exact actuation and should work fine together. The chainline of the GX 2x crankset and the Deore 2x are similar enough that the GX FD should work fine with the Deore crankset.

SRAM has a list of all of the components that use exact actuation here https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/t...xact-actuation