Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

2015 bianchi oltre xr1 fitting

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

2015 bianchi oltre xr1 fitting

Old 02-25-16, 10:19 PM
Jsantana287

Bikes: bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 2015 bianchi oltre xr1 fitting

ok guys so I'm 6.0' tall and recently left a deposit on a 2015 bianchi oltré xr1 55cm size frame. I got a price of $1,900 brand new, which i think is a really good deal. Now the question is this, is a 55cm frame a good fit for me, I'm 6'0 tall with a 32 inseam. When i test drove the bike it felt good but I'm new at this and I'm not sure how it should really feel, another shop suggested i go up to a 57 cm frame.... i didn't noticed a big difference when i sat in the 57cm. what should i do? is it really a big difference? please help. any bianchi oltre xr1 owners out there? Help!!!
Old 02-26-16, 06:25 PM
ltxi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
According to your same question elsewhere, your pant leg inseam is 32 and your actual inseam is 35. I'd suggest you need some good lbs professional advice.
Old 02-26-16, 09:58 PM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked 434 Times in 331 Posts
Bianchis run rather short in the top tube. 55 cm is too short for a 6-footer any way you cut it, unless you need the standover clearance for very short legs. And then you're looking at an extremely long stem. I used to train with one guy almost that tall (5'11") who rode 55s. His build was short legs, long torso, long arms (classic gorilla), and he made it work with considerable saddle setback and a 14 cm stem.

If your legs really are 35", then you're on the borderline between average and rangy. I recommend the 57. If your posture is good, you'll be be using a 12-13 cm stem. And any way you cut it, the handlebar will be some centimeters lower than the saddle. If this causes alarm, consider an Infinito.