Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Wearable Garmin?

Old 06-24-20, 05:10 AM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
Garmin is great. I use mine to send my HR signal to my Edge 1030. I use an older model watch the Vivoactive 3 and it has been great. I also wear it daily as a watch and use the other functions as well.
Old 06-26-20, 12:16 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
I am hiker and just started biking. My previous garmin watch battery died around 8 or 10 hours when I hiked half dome. So I went with the fenix 5 which supposedly has great
battery in gps mode.

I have the fenix 5 paired with heart rate monitor and power pedals on a handle bar mount. Works fine but I am probably going to buy garmin 530 or garmin 1030 plus if they ever come on sale.

I did not care for the navigation and the screen is a little small for my 50's eyes.

At least for me the handle bar mount made the watch more usable on the bike with the only downside I had to buy a heart rate monitor strap.