Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Cyclocross Racing
Reload this Page >

What rim to go with, moderate budget

Search
Notices
Cyclocross Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-19, 12:45 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts

I'm looking for a nice quality rim for my wife's bike. I'm sticking with King r45 disc hubs with a revolution spoke built 32h with 2 cross. She's light so doesn't need as many spokes but she also rides the bike on actual MTB trails so more spokes is better. Just having trouble deciding on rims. Current considerations are velocity Aileron, Stan's Iron Cross, 40mm deep Lightbike carbon rims and WTB I25 team CX rims.
Currently she's using stock, I've previously used Velocity A23 rims. She did 3 races this year and we plan to do more then that next year. Weight does matter to a good extent but so does strength and overall quality. Budget is up to 200 per rim which rules out most carbon.