Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Dedaccia 7003 heat treated aluminum

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-23, 09:17 PM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 498 Posts

Purchased a bike to be a parts donor for my Guerciotti 1995 Neuron Steel which I really loved riding until I thought frame was damaged so used parts for another build. Bottom line is this frame was fine, just paint crack, so want to get ride ready again.

Donor bike has my least desirable frame material but really high end AL as detailed below.
- Frame Dedaccia 7003 heat treated aluminum
- Tubes are A.B.T butted and shaped like famous Colnago master profile tubes

Riding donor frame was impressive as the ride quality was close to my steel, TI, and carbon bikes. Probably a little harsher and stiffer which the bumps helped demonstrate.

I still believe the Neuron bike would be a better ride but now Im thinking maybe just keep this bike as a N+1 rather than stay at N and flip the AL frame. Also this would make my stable complete as far as having all the frame materials, not that this was even a goal.

Plan on documenting a more complete comparison of the bikes and frame materials listing the other components that contribute to the complete ride feel and performance including carbon fork and seat post but not carbon wheels. The rides Im comparing have similar setups including wheels and components. My TI bike also has a carbon fork but not seat post and my steel bikes all have steel forks and AL seat posts.

Regarding the frame building and possible fixing, is this HT 7003 like welding steel?
The weld beads on this frame look very fine like often seen on a TI frame.

Looking to hear others comments and suggestions.

Last edited by joesch; 08-01-23 at 05:22 AM. Reason: welding?