Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Some 70s Colnago Content. Video.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-23, 04:23 PM
jjhabbs 

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 1,064 Times in 262 Posts

Hey guys,
Just some comfort TV. Purchased a 78 Colnago and visited a bike shop that carries old bikes.

Thanks for watching
John Haboush
Old 12-14-23, 02:54 PM
jjhabbs 

Looks like you guys prefer pictures. I'll take some soon

John
Old 12-14-23, 03:21 PM
Reynolds 531 

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by jjhabbs
Looks like you guys prefer pictures. I'll take some soon

John
Well John, to be completely honest, we would rather you snapped some pics with your 110 InstaMatic and brought them down to FotoMat. In 4 days , could you please go pick them up, and drop them in a preaddressed envelope and slap a 13 cent stamp on it?

Gary Michaels
224 Pierroz Pkwy
Reno, NV

thanks in advance, C and V.
Old 12-14-23, 03:24 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by Reynolds 531
Well John, to be completely honest, we would rather you snapped some pics with your 110 InstaMatic and brought them down to FotoMat. In 4 days , could you please go pick them up, and drop them in a preaddressed envelope and slap a 13 cent stamp on it?

Gary Michaels
224 Pierroz Pkwy
Reno, NV

thanks in advance, C and V.
Why is that?

John
Old 12-14-23, 07:39 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
I liked the video. It’s fun and just right for us nerds. I would also like pics as I don’t always want to watch a video, this time I gave it a chance and I was glad I did. John, you have a great collection and I caught myself looking in the background at some of the others. I will , as time allows , go back and look at some of the others videos you have.
Likes For Kabuki12:
Old 12-14-23, 11:13 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,296 Times in 866 Posts
A ride in a Porsche around Chicago was a first for me!

The Colnago looks great, I would try for the highest gloss (using polishing compound) to highlight the unusual color.
Likes For dddd:
Old 12-15-23, 05:30 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked 1,376 Times in 721 Posts
Absolutely enjoy your videos an your enthusiasm mirrors mine. I have watched a bunch of your productions and find them entertaining and informative. Interestingly enough the comments section often contain as much information as the videos themselves. For what it's worth I ride vintage bikes and only have one modern bike with 11 speed record/chorus on it. Older titanium frame of course, external cable guides.
Likes For TiHabanero:
Old 12-15-23, 02:59 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Absolutely enjoy your videos an your enthusiasm mirrors mine. I have watched a bunch of your productions and find them entertaining and informative. Interestingly enough the comments section often contain as much information as the videos themselves. For what it's worth I ride vintage bikes and only have one modern bike with 11 speed record/chorus on it. Older titanium frame of course, external cable guides.
Thanks! I agree too. There are so much more knowledge available when you have a bunch of Campagknowitalls commenting. My knowledge is limited to only what I know. I learn so much from the folks that watch my videos! That's one reason I do them.

I do ride my classics. Honestly I do ride my newer bicycles more. A huge portion of my rides are on my Moots Routt 45.

Thanks

John
Old 12-17-23, 06:03 PM
Reynolds 531 

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by jjhabbs
Why is that?

John
Its a joke. Impractical "Classic and Vintage" bicycles, Impractical "Classic and Vintage" cameras, film and systems. get it? They're BOTH impractical, so we like them for equally ridiculous reasons.
Old 12-17-23, 06:13 PM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked 1,822 Times in 663 Posts
Fun video! And thanks for the tip on where to get chain rings.

I know everyone is saying you should just give it a good bath and ride it, but you also noted it does not fit you.

Awesome score on all the panto parts. This must be the last year Colnago ever used Cinelli parts ever again. They had a beef.

Say, on one shot there was a mere glimpse of what looked like a cap and jersey. Could we see those treasures too?

Thanks
Old 12-18-23, 06:24 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by Reynolds 531
Its a joke. Impractical "Classic and Vintage" bicycles, Impractical "Classic and Vintage" cameras, film and systems. get it? They're BOTH impractical, so we like them for equally ridiculous reasons.
Sorry. I'm a little slow.. LOL

John
Old 12-18-23, 06:25 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by Robvolz
Fun video! And thanks for the tip on where to get chain rings.

I know everyone is saying you should just give it a good bath and ride it, but you also noted it does not fit you.

Awesome score on all the panto parts. This must be the last year Colnago ever used Cinelli parts ever again. They had a beef.

Say, on one shot there was a mere glimpse of what looked like a cap and jersey. Could we see those treasures too?

Thanks
Hi!

Thanks, I dont have any jerseys here. I may have some caps. I'll show them in the next vid

Thanks
John