Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Crankset hitting frame

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Crankset hitting frame

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-19, 02:51 PM
ceelint
^that guy^

Bikes: '17 Wabi Classic, '17 Trek DS3, '12 S-Works Tarmac SL

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Well, I initially contacted Wabi when I first had issues... They ended up offering to buy the crankset from me, which I happily obliged at the price offered. Not my problem anymore.
They also told me the Classic was built more for a single speed that someone didn't really plan on upgrading. The Lighting fits the high end track cranks. I'll pick up a Lightning on the used market one day if I see my size.
Wabi's customer service is awesome.
Old 10-16-19, 05:30 PM
hay
tumbleweed

Bikes: stumpy,bianchi,Wabi classic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
I had bought a steel Langster frameset and oufitted it with Sugino 75s. I get pretty severe pedal strike with it so I stripped it for sale. I attempted to install the 75s on my Wabi...
The drive side should struck before I even thought about tightening the crank bolt. So, back on the Langster and I continue riding the Wabi with Sugino rd2s with a 130 bcd... It's allright.
Wabis good,Langsters good, life is good.I gotta watch that pedal strike though:/
Old 10-27-19, 05:48 PM
Ils

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah I had the same issue with the Wabi classic a few years ago. I had da 7600 with hatta bb and da 7600 Rear hub. Got perfect chainline but the crank arm rubbed the chainstay. I had it torqued to spec too. Ended up going to a frame builder and had it dimpled , cost 40$ , best money spent.