Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Where are all the vintage funny bikes, pursuit...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Where are all the vintage funny bikes, pursuit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-18, 06:25 AM
top506
Death fork? Naaaah!!

Bikes: Seriously downsizing.

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked 630 Times in 281 Posts
This hung in the barn for years before I sold it off to a rider that could do it justice:

(looking for a picture and not seeing it? Thank the Photobucket fiasco.PM me and I'll link it up.)
Old 02-10-18, 09:34 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
^ That's a beauty!
Old 02-10-18, 03:33 PM
Brettnz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Found one, but the search still continues

Picked up this last week, thanks Alex, still keen to see what else is about, either build up but not restored, or prefer as frame only
Attached Images
Old 02-11-18, 06:53 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by cody daniels
Just got this one from eBay. Trying to find out if it is a real team bike, if there really was a Coors pursuit team and what equipment originally came on it.

Thats not a pursuit bike, its a road TT bike. (Pursuit being strictly a track event). . It looks very nice though. I don't know when Coors Light race team was formed but i thought they used Serotta for most of their bikes, hoowever, that is a great bike, 753 with cinelli bb.
Old 02-11-18, 06:40 PM
cody daniels
Banned.

Bikes: Rossin, Bianchi Giro, Bianchi Repato Course tribute fixie, Ken Evans Aerolite TT LoPro, Basso TT LoPro, Raliegh "Chill" Police bike, Serotta Colorado II

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
As far as I have found they did use Serotta for their team bikes and the colors were bright yellow and red. Those were also the "typical" road frame set with level top tubes and both wheels the same size. Mine is none of these. Yes this is a road frame as opposed to strictly track, but I believe it qualifies as a funny bike with a 700 rear and 24 front wheel set. I mentioned that I am trying to find if the Coors Light team on my frame is/was real. I also have a separate post asking this same thing with more pictures. So far no one has stated anything about it being real or not or any possibility of it.
Old 02-12-18, 08:05 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
As far as I have found they did use Serotta for their team bikes and the colors were bright yellow and red. Those were also the "typical" road frame set with level top tubes and both wheels the same size. Mine is none of these. Yes this is a road frame as opposed to strictly track, but I believe it qualifies as a funny bike with a 700 rear and 24 front wheel set. I mentioned that I am trying to find if the Coors Light team on my frame is/was real. I also have a separate post asking this same thing with more pictures. So far no one has stated anything about it being real or not or any possibility of it.

It really just looks like a decal set someone has chopped up with an xacto knife and installed on your top tube. The Coors Light team was active from 1990 to 1994 and would have used Serotta for theroad TT bike as well due to sponsor obligations

So yes, i would say you have a real "funny bike" , but not a Coors Light team time trial bike
Old 02-13-18, 12:07 AM
Mr. Spadoni 

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
It really just looks like a decal set someone has chopped up with an xacto knife and installed on your top tube. The Coors Light team was active from 1990 to 1994 and would have used Serotta for theroad TT bike as well due to sponsor obligations

So yes, i would say you have a real "funny bike" , but not a Coors Light team time trial bike
Also, the paint is not in Serotta's style. Its much more like what the Italians were doing at the time. They loved mesh overlays.
Old 02-13-18, 07:13 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
The above is accurate as I understand it. But they also changed the colors up a bit in 1994. My Serotta is painted in the team colors for that year, it's just missing the sponsorship decals.

Old 02-13-18, 06:32 PM
cody daniels
Banned.

Bikes: Rossin, Bianchi Giro, Bianchi Repato Course tribute fixie, Ken Evans Aerolite TT LoPro, Basso TT LoPro, Raliegh "Chill" Police bike, Serotta Colorado II

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The frame arrived today and they are definitely add on stickers. I also heard from the previous owner stating the same. And that's fine with me I'm not a fan of beer anyways. I still think it looks great. As far as the "real" Coors team yes they used Serotta but they used LeMond frames also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2008LemondPics001.jpg (98.4 KB, 116 views)
Old 02-14-18, 06:11 AM
vlan_z
Mondia Enthusiast

Bikes: 70s Mondia Special, 60s Puch Elegance, 4 others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brettnz
Hi so where are all the vintage, retro funny bikes, your know small front wheel sloping top tube, cow horns, curved top tubes crazy handle bars mounted at the bottom of the steering columns.

Love to add some to my shed, look for my post inuy sell forums if kind it on here
That first one, wow.
Old 02-14-18, 09:26 AM
CampioneDItalia

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Does anyone know how to determine or describe the "size" of a funny bike? Obviously the seat-tube length wouldn't be a good way to describe the bike, nor would the exact "top tube" length. So... ETT? Or... ?
Attached Images
Old 10-16-19, 09:52 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,378 Times in 891 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
You lucky bastard!!! Where the hell did you find a bicycle like that at a garage sale?!? And how did that purchase conversation go? Share the whole story please. The bike is a wet dream! Look at that paint! All it needed was bullhorns. Who the heck did you sell it to? All I can say is wow......I need this kind of stuff to start happening to me....ha ha ha.
Bought it at a garage sale 2 blocks from home over 10 years ago. Guy had a lot of bike stuff. It was priced at $50 and I didn't haggle. He warned me that it "wasn't legal" for competition. Had tubs and a mix of Durace and Record.

Turns out that it had very minor front end damage. Ended up parting it out. Sold the frame and wheels together (with full disclosure of damage) to a guy who wanted a fixie. Kept the seat and Stronglight Delta.

At the same sale, I picked up a pair of Campagnolo Omegas laced to Bullseye hubs for a Hamilton.

Likes For thinktubes: