Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Rebuilding My Bafang Equipped Framed Fat Tire

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-19, 03:22 PM
Dave1194

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all.

I'm a new forum member. My Bafang 1000w motor and heavy triangle battery were purchased at Lunacycle. My bike was recently caught in Hurricane Dorian's storm surge. The triangle battery is completely ruined, but it looks like I only need a controller module for my Bafang motor.

Anyway, lately it seems that Lunacycle is becoming the major go-to place for batteries and components - and that may be for good reason, I don't know. They are pricey, but maybe what they sell is worth it. That's what I want your advice about. There are batteries on Amazon with good reviews (but who can trust Amazon's reviews, right???) that are significantly cheaper than Luna's.

And lately Luna is offering a warranty if I pony up $500! Seriously??? It kinda bothers me they aren't willing to stand behind what they make.

What's your opinion folks? Do you know of any other good sources? Especially in Colorado?

Thanks,
Dave.
Old 10-08-19, 10:44 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
The luna team started off with a forum like this, really got into the technical details, and decided to open a USA source for ebike stuff (yeah, the components are often sourced in China). Sourcing directly from china (or ebay) requires that you really know what you are doing.

You can order directly from china if you really know what you need and don't mind the huge language barrier. Keep in mind that shipping will often double the listed cost on the website.

I like EM3ev.com because they know what they are doing, only have quality products, and they speak English (and were around before Luna). Nothing but quality and they sell Bafang
BMSbattery was another option, but they were horrible in communication - poor English and sometimes inaccurate information. Caveat Emptor. Good source for inexpensive Chinese mass market ebike stuff. Given the low price mediocre quality, and high shipping costs, sometimes I would just buy two of something.

If you want high quality North America source - there is always canada: ebike.ca. They have some bafang stuff but I don't think they do the mid-drive
Old 10-08-19, 11:46 AM
Dave1194

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
The luna team started off with a forum like this, really got into the technical details, and decided to open a USA source for ebike stuff (yeah, the components are often sourced in China). Sourcing directly from china (or ebay) requires that you really know what you are doing.

You can order directly from china if you really know what you need and don't mind the huge language barrier. Keep in mind that shipping will often double the listed cost on the website.

I like EM3ev.com because they know what they are doing, only have quality products, and they speak English (and were around before Luna). Nothing but quality and they sell Bafang
BMSbattery was another option, but they were horrible in communication - poor English and sometimes inaccurate information. Caveat Emptor. Good source for inexpensive Chinese mass market ebike stuff. Given the low price mediocre quality, and high shipping costs, sometimes I would just buy two of something.

If you want high quality North America source - there is always canada: ebike.ca. They have some bafang stuff but I don't think they do the mid-drive
Thank you. Just the sort of information I'm looking for!