Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Internal Headsets

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Internal Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 04:40 AM
TimB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Internal Headsets

Ok the Internal Headsets in my Litespeed (a Cane Creek IS-2) has dies after 2&1/2 yrs of abuse.
I've been told the Cane Creek Solos is the bee knees and will out last the std IS-2 or IS-6 by a long way.

Do any of yuo fine folk have any experience with CC Solos? 10yr warranty is appealing.

others that are available and which I would consider are;

Token IS
FSA
Campagnolo Hiddenset

opinions?
experiences?

ta
Old 01-25-05, 05:25 AM
Bruco
Wind Breaker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TimB
... others that are available and which I would consider are...
Make sure that whatever you pick is compatible with (the cups in) your frame. I recall reading people having difficulties with other types of integrated headsets in their Litespeeds.

Can't help you with suggestions as to other brands and models. I am still (about 2 1/2 years, like you ) running the Cane Creek IS that came with my bike (Arenberg). BTW, I would have preferred a classic headset--but that wasn't part of the deal.
Old 01-25-05, 08:30 AM
Trogon

Bikes: 14 road, 1 SS, 2 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Campy will not work - it's a different standard than Cane Creek IS. FSA makes products for both the Campy and IS standards. So be careful. The Solos of course is the same design as the IS you'e replacing. Token also makes IS2 parts.

Personally, I'd buy another Cane Creek, simply because that's what you're pulling out. As far as the Solos specifically is concerned - why not?