Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Road bikes evolution

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Road bikes evolution

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-23, 03:06 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 1,486 Times in 870 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughed
So, Cannondale claims their aero bike with deep section aero wheels *can be* 3 min faster in a 40k TT over its regular race frame with normal wheels. 2 min faster with equal wheels.

I'm guessing that 3 min savings is at or about 300W (what most tests quote), going 40k into the same wind conditions the entire way. Probably dead flat, no tail wind sections...

That was the basis for my post above. Take a 2k 105 road bike with decent tires, real world conditions with stop lights, traffic, head/cross/tail winds, dogs - and the real biggie - being human and not holding 300w for an hour - how much time does that extra $5-8k really save? A minute? No time if you get stuck at a few redlights?
Performance gains are relative and marginal, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Just because it's measured at 300 watts doesn't mean there aren't any gains at 200 watts.

Honestly if you're just riding along solo and don't care about performance, then none of this really matters and you are probably wasting your money buying bikes that are performance oriented. If you race or ride in fast groups or chase Strava KOM's/etc, then you already know that these things can be the difference between a pack finish and podium, or finishing the ride with the group or getting dropped.
Likes For msu2001la:
Old 04-17-23, 04:09 PM
ctak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 146 Posts
So, Cannondale claims their aero bike with deep section aero wheels *can be* 3 min faster in a 40k TT over its regular race frame with normal wheels. 2 min faster with equal wheels.
I've only seen a couple real world 40km tests with ~25-40s time savings for aero vs non aero frames and cockpits (identical tire, tube/tubeless, rim profile, etc, wheelset combos). Manuf marketing depts, otoh, triple or quadruple frame timing cda figures in their own tunnels. Unlikely gap but not a surprise. Even TourMag in Germany, who publishes some of the more substantial aero bike reviews, lacks the resources to report frame cda values with standardized equipment. Good stuff either way though:
https://www.tour-magazin.de/rennraeder/aero/
If you can't read German, there's Google Translate for websites... that c68 at 4800 euro is a comparative bargain.
Likes For ctak:
Old 04-18-23, 07:31 AM
Jughed

Bikes: Lemond Zurich/Trek ALR/Giant TCX/Sette CX1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked 773 Times in 404 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
Performance gains are relative and marginal, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Just because it's measured at 300 watts doesn't mean there aren't any gains at 200 watts.

Honestly if you're just riding along solo and don't care about performance, then none of this really matters and you are probably wasting your money buying bikes that are performance oriented. If you race or ride in fast groups or chase Strava KOM's/etc, then you already know that these things can be the difference between a pack finish and podium, or finishing the ride with the group or getting dropped.

Agreed. There are marginal gains - I guess the talking points are the $$$$$ required for those marginal gains. It costs a metric crap ton of money to get a slight advantage in chasing KOM's, or to win a local crit. And while there are marginal gains in flat land speed, there are marginal losses in climbing bikes.

Where it really costs a crap ton of money - getting kids into the higher levels of the sport. Kids with talent and no money are screwed.

Is that price model sustainable? Is that price model turning away new riders, young riders?

A top quality road bike - with pedals and some carbon fiber, can cost more than a Honda CBR600R street bike. No matter how you shake it - that's insane.
Likes For Jughed:
Old 04-18-23, 09:04 AM
msu2001la

Agreed. There are marginal gains - I guess the talking points are the $$$$$ required for those marginal gains. It costs a metric crap ton of money to get a slight advantage in chasing KOM's, or to win a local crit. And while there are marginal gains in flat land speed, there are marginal losses in climbing bikes.

Where it really costs a crap ton of money - getting kids into the higher levels of the sport. Kids with talent and no money are screwed.

Is that price model sustainable? Is that price model turning away new riders, young riders?

A top quality road bike - with pedals and some carbon fiber, can cost more than a Honda CBR600R street bike. No matter how you shake it - that's insane.
100% agree. The cost of entry into bike racing is too high, and is definitely a barrier for many.

I'm sure someone will say the bike doesn't matter, the athlete does. Just get out there and race on whatever you've got, etc. I get it, you can race on anything, but equipment starts to change the game pretty quickly in bike racing. If you're giving up 20-30 watts to the person next to you just because you didn't want to, or don't have an extra $2k to buy the latest wiz bang aero whatever, you're basically resigned to a lower level of competition. This becomes especially apparent for junior racers.
Likes For msu2001la:
Old 04-18-23, 10:47 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3957 Post(s)
Liked 7,310 Times in 2,950 Posts
100% agree. The cost of entry into bike racing is too high, and is definitely a barrier for many.

I'm sure someone will say the bike doesn't matter, the athlete does. Just get out there and race on whatever you've got, etc. I get it, you can race on anything, but equipment starts to change the game pretty quickly in bike racing. If you're giving up 20-30 watts to the person next to you just because you didn't want to, or don't have an extra $2k to buy the latest wiz bang aero whatever, you're basically resigned to a lower level of competition. This becomes especially apparent for junior racers.
You're conflating "cost of entry" with "cost of owning the best equipment."
Old 04-18-23, 11:47 AM
msu2001la

Originally Posted by tomato coupe
You're conflating "cost of entry" with "cost of owning the best equipment."
I'm not necessarily talking about "the best equipment", I'm talking about mid-level and used equipment that doesn't immediately put someone at a disadvantage. The vast majority of Cat 5 and junior crit racers at my local races are on carbon wheels, for example. I guess we could argue about how much advantage that really gives them, but the reality is that anyone who shows up for one of these entry-level races and isn't on carbon wheels is immediately at some level of a disadvantage. Plenty of people see that and make the upgrade before they even try their first race, so that's a "cost of entry" for most.
Likes For msu2001la:
Old 04-18-23, 01:16 PM
tomato coupe

I'm not necessarily talking about "the best equipment", I'm talking about mid-level and used equipment that doesn't immediately put someone at a disadvantage. The vast majority of Cat 5 and junior crit racers at my local races are on carbon wheels, for example. I guess we could argue about how much advantage that really gives them, but the reality is that anyone who shows up for one of these entry-level races and isn't on carbon wheels is immediately at some level of a disadvantage. Plenty of people see that and make the upgrade before they even try their first race, so that's a "cost of entry" for most.
Sure, some people choose to spend more than they need to when they start racing. But, they could start without those upgrades, and they would be just as competitive. (The difference in fitness levels at CAT 5 greatly exceeds the difference in equipment.)
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 04-18-23, 02:35 PM
Redbullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 49 Posts
Fully agree. I had to switch from 2300 EUR – 6.7 kg bike in 2015 to 3800 EUR - 7.7 kg bike, both non “aero”. The price now for an equivalent 6.7 kg bike (yes, including the compulsory electronics and more carbon) would cost close to 9000 EUR.
For sure, I will highly enjoy my new acquisition (and its electronic toys), despite the downgrade. But I cannot stop observing that the actual prices are insane, and I could never justify such investment if it did not come mostly as insurance compensation for the old, damaged bike.
Users get no performance gain for the huge increase in prices. On the contrary, there is a substantial downgrade at least in weight, for most brands. At most, users get some electronic toys and I guess that a substantial proportion of the price increase goes directly to the extra profit of the producers. I am wondering where this market will be 2-3 years later. Now… I am already out of it.
Likes For Redbullet:
Old 04-18-23, 04:40 PM
tomato coupe

My wife only allows me to complain about the price of something once. After that, she cuts me off with "Stop! You sound like an old man!"
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 04-19-23, 03:52 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 4,873 Times in 3,017 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbullet
Fully agree. I had to switch from 2300 EUR – 6.7 kg bike in 2015 to 3800 EUR - 7.7 kg bike, both non “aero”. The price now for an equivalent 6.7 kg bike (yes, including the compulsory electronics and more carbon) would cost close to 9000 EUR.
For sure, I will highly enjoy my new acquisition (and its electronic toys), despite the downgrade. But I cannot stop observing that the actual prices are insane, and I could never justify such investment if it did not come mostly as insurance compensation for the old, damaged bike.
Users get no performance gain for the huge increase in prices. On the contrary, there is a substantial downgrade at least in weight, for most brands. At most, users get some electronic toys and I guess that a substantial proportion of the price increase goes directly to the extra profit of the producers. I am wondering where this market will be 2-3 years later. Now… I am already out of it.
Maybe you just chose the wrong bike for your priorities - which appear to be tightly focused on weight. Although I think it's fair to say that a UCI legal 6.8 kg bike with electronics, disc brakes, aero frame and wide rubber is inevitably going to be more expensive than the previous generation of lightweight bikes with rim brakes, narrow tyres, non-aero frame and mechanical group. But outside of dedicated hill/mountain climbs, weight is really not very important at all within the range we are talking about. Club racers can be highly competitive on 7.7 kg bikes in the vast majority of events. It's far more important to have good overall aero and the right tyres.
Old 04-19-23, 01:07 PM
Redbullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Maybe you just chose the wrong bike for your priorities - which appear to be tightly focused on weight. Although I think it's fair to say that a UCI legal 6.8 kg bike with electronics, disc brakes, aero frame and wide rubber is inevitably going to be more expensive than the previous generation of lightweight bikes with rim brakes, narrow tyres, non-aero frame and mechanical group. But outside of dedicated hill/mountain climbs, weight is really not very important at all within the range we are talking about. Club racers can be highly competitive on 7.7 kg bikes in the vast majority of events. It's far more important to have good overall aero and the right tyres.
I didn't target aero, as it goes higher in price. Weight in my benchmark was without pedals. No aero, 8 kg with pedals – not quite special, I’d say. That's why one would be surprised to find out that the price is substantially higher than in the past - this is just the evolution of the market.
Likes For Redbullet:
Old 04-19-23, 03:11 PM
msu2001la

Originally Posted by Redbullet
I didn't target aero, as it goes higher in price. Weight in my benchmark was without pedals. No aero, 8 kg with pedals – not quite special, I’d say. That's why one would be surprised to find out that the price is substantially higher than in the past - this is just the evolution of the market.

The premise of this thread is comparing a bike that has 12sp electronic shifting to a bike that had 11sp mechanical. One can debate the value of this as an "upgrade", but this plays a major factor in the cost increase being cited.

There's been an avoidance of specifics in this thread, but I'll give a few examples to show my point:
2023 Specialized Roubaix Comp w/ SRAM Rival AXS = $5200
2023 Specialized Roubaix Sport w/ 105 mechanical = $3500 (This bike is identical to the SRAM Rival AXS model in all aspects aside from groupset).

Electonic shifting adds a whopping $1700 to the price.

For a 2015 comparison, the Specialized Roubaix SL4 Elite Disc (w/ SRAM Rival mechanical and hydro discs) = $2800 MSRP, which is roughly equivalent to $3500 in today's dollars. This is the same cost as the current bike with 11sp 105 mechanical.

I'm not going to hunt down weights, but I would be shocked if that 2015 Roubaix was any lighter than the 2023 model. My guess is that both are in the 19-20lb range.
Likes For msu2001la:
Old 04-19-23, 03:44 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,100 Times in 3,833 Posts
This is pretty common with lots of youth sports and activities. I spent a bunch of years dishing out top-end race bike money every year for my daughter to play travel softball.
Old 04-20-23, 03:11 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 4,873 Times in 3,017 Posts

There's been an avoidance of specifics in this thread, but I'll give a few examples to show my point:
2023 Specialized Roubaix Comp w/ SRAM Rival AXS = $5200
2023 Specialized Roubaix Sport w/ 105 mechanical = $3500 (This bike is identical to the SRAM Rival AXS model in all aspects aside from groupset).

Electonic shifting adds a whopping $1700 to the price.
Interestingly, in the UK you can currently buy a 105 mech disc group for around Ł450 and Rival AXS at around Ł1200 (including power meter). 105 Di2 is also around Ł1200-1300.
So entry-level electronic shifting currently adds around Ł750 to a mechanical build - but you do get a power meter thrown in. From the above example it sounds like the cost difference on a complete bike is a lot higher, at least for now.

My 2022 Canyon Endurace with Force AXS, Quarq PM, DT Swiss carbon wheels and integrated carbon bars was Ł4500, which I thought was very reasonable for the spec. There's also a Rival build now with alloy wheels for Ł3300. There is currently no mechanical group option with my SL Frameset, but I recall the previous Ultegra mechanical build with alloy wheels was around the Ł3k mark.
Old 04-20-23, 11:38 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22609 Post(s)
Liked 8,930 Times in 4,162 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Interestingly, in the UK you can currently buy a 105 mech disc group for around Ł450 and Rival AXS at around Ł1200 (including power meter). 105 Di2 is also around Ł1200-1300.
So entry-level electronic shifting currently adds around Ł750 to a mechanical build - but you do get a power meter thrown in. From the above example it sounds like the cost difference on a complete bike is a lot higher, at least for now.

My 2022 Canyon Endurace with Force AXS, Quarq PM, DT Swiss carbon wheels and integrated carbon bars was Ł4500, which I thought was very reasonable for the spec. There's also a Rival build now with alloy wheels for Ł3300. There is currently no mechanical group option with my SL Frameset, but I recall the previous Ultegra mechanical build with alloy wheels was around the Ł3k mark.
I suspect this is 11 speed 105....in other words the old/obsolete version..... it looks like future 105 groups will be Di2 only and cost 3x as much. I hope they wise up and come out with a mechanical version but I am not holding my breath. And asking for a mechanical version that supports rim brakes would be perfect, since I am dreaming maybe ask for that too.
Likes For datlas:
Old 04-20-23, 12:22 PM
ctak

omg cables!

For a 2015 comparison, the Specialized Roubaix SL4 Elite Disc (w/ SRAM Rival mechanical and hydro discs) = $2800 MSRP, which is roughly equivalent to $3500 in today's dollars. This is the same cost as the current bike with 11sp 105 mechanical.

I'm not going to hunt down weights, but I would be shocked if that 2015 Roubaix was any lighter than the 2023 model. My guess is that both are in the 19-20lb range.
My 56cm 2015 S-Works SL4 with Sram 11 speed mechanical weighs 15.2-lbs. I think that was the last year of rim brakes and no FS for the Roubaix. IIRC, the newer Roubaix S-Works frameset I looked at was right around 500g heavier with the Future Shock and beefier construction for disc (1488g for f/f/hs for 2015 rim vs 1995g for 2022 disc). Add an additional 2-lbs for disc rotors, bolts, etc (or 2.5-lbs if below Ultegra level). Always amazed how quickly those grams add up. Love my aero disc build for crits and flatter routes, but the zippy feel of my Zertz-infused weight weenie Roubaix on rides with 5k ft + of elevation is hard to beat... even if doing so actually only saves a minute or two of actual climb time over the entire loop.

Lately have seen good prices on Dura Ace 9100 mechanical. I'd take that any day over a Rival level AXS 12 electro build.

Sagan's 2023 Roubaix with 11sp mechanical

Likes For ctak:
Old 04-20-23, 03:09 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 980 Times in 651 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I suspect this is 11 speed 105....in other words the old/obsolete version..... it looks like future 105 groups will be Di2 only and cost 3x as much. I hope they wise up and come out with a mechanical version but I am not holding my breath. And asking for a mechanical version that supports rim brakes would be perfect, since I am dreaming maybe ask for that too.
That would be a good thing, Campy does it with Record 12 speed
Old 04-20-23, 03:13 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 980 Times in 651 Posts
Originally Posted by ctak
My 56cm 2015 S-Works SL4 with Sram 11 speed mechanical weighs 15.2-lbs. I think that was the last year of rim brakes and no FS for the Roubaix. IIRC, the newer Roubaix S-Works frameset I looked at was right around 500g heavier with the Future Shock and beefier construction for disc (1488g for f/f/hs for 2015 rim vs 1995g for 2022 disc). Add an additional 2-lbs for disc rotors, bolts, etc (or 2.5-lbs if below Ultegra level). Always amazed how quickly those grams add up. Love my aero disc build for crits and flatter routes, but the zippy feel of my Zertz-infused weight weenie Roubaix on rides with 5k ft + of elevation is hard to beat... even if doing so actually only saves a minute or two of actual climb time over the entire loop.

Lately have seen good prices on Dura Ace 9100 mechanical. I'd take that any day over a Rival level AXS 12 electro build.

Sagan's 2023 Roubaix with 11sp mechanical

Dura Ace is a much better choice than Sram at any level,quality,finish and function
Old 04-21-23, 03:17 PM
ctak

Would love to see more wind tunnel reviews like this comparing different models/brands. Manuf marketing claims have just become so convoluted, with new frames becoming 10% lighter, faster and stiffer year after year. Not entirely sure who this guy is but he references German TourMag stuff so he's tracking aero-bike-review-world to some extent.

(body position adjustment for easy 70w savings)

(Madone SLR less aero than the Giant TCR Advanced with same wheel/tire combo?)

If cyclists + apparel, etc = 80-85% of drag, pretty hard to dispute that developing the wherewithal to hold the aero hoods/bent elbow position for extended periods of time is far more important than whether or not your cables are concealed or cockpit integrated. Though in the case of the cabled-Giant, it required less wattage than the Madone to maintain the target speed so who knows what that's about

Nero podcast briefly discussed Arthur's tunnel test yesterday... and how I learned of it:

I've seen a few research papers that cite 15-20% (depending on a few factors) as total-rider-less bike drag (with 75-80% of this attributed to the wheelset/tire combo), whereas manuf often bump total bike drag up to 25%. So if aero tubes, integrated cockpits + aero bars, concealed cables, etc, amount to a max of 25% reduction of a bike's overall (~15-20%) drag... then something like the most aero UCI legal frameset in existence (Simplon Pride 2) could potentially save (for a 350w effort) a max of around 17.5w over a non aero frame, and realistically maybe 5-8w over a something semi-aero. That's a number that I find believable... and certainly compelling for those with higher power outputs and cash to blow on max marginal gains.

350w x .2 = 70w total bike drag
70w x .75 (wheelset, tires) = 36.75w
70w x .25 (frameset, components) = 17.5w
Old 04-23-23, 12:30 PM
Calsun
Banned

Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
I have a Trek 5200 that I bought in 2001 and a new bike would provide zero gains in performance. The new bike would have disc brakes but for a non-tandem road bike they provide no real gain over the side pull brakes on the Trek. Having 18 speeds is not a hinderance in any way. The only gain with a new bike would be wider rims so I could use wider tires than the 23mm on the Trek.

The big gain over the past 50 years has been combination brake shifters which provide a significant improvement over shift levers on the downtube or at the ends of the handlebar drops. Disc brakes have advantages on mountain bikes and tandem road bikes but no on standard road bikes, even for touring. Clincher tires are easier to patch but they weigh a good deal more as do the rims needed than with the sewup tubular tires and their rims.

Electronic shifting is a good marketing ploy and it does eliminate a shift cable run but it also means one more battery to maintain. As someone is already having to charge their smartphone and their earpods and their Wahoo or Garmin unit, a Garmin Varia radar, as well as the battery on my e-road bike, the last thing I want is another device that needs a battery to function.
Likes For Calsun:
Old 04-24-23, 10:05 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by ctak
Would love to see more wind tunnel reviews like this comparing different models/brands. Manuf marketing claims have just become so convoluted, with new frames becoming 10% lighter, faster and stiffer year after year. Not entirely sure who this guy is but he references German TourMag stuff so he's tracking aero-bike-review-world to some extent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4063dGpB85g (body position adjustment for easy 70w savings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMe4_0xHuQA (Madone SLR less aero than the Giant TCR Advanced with same wheel/tire combo?)w
Did David Arthur have a stroke? Legit question- I used to occasionally see his fairly worthless videos a few years ago before he went off on his own and he spoke clearly.
That Canyon vs Giant video was a mess of mumbles. It's like if I were the presenter, and nobody would want that.
Old 04-24-23, 04:16 PM
ctak

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Did David Arthur have a stroke? Legit question- I used to occasionally see his fairly worthless videos a few years ago before he went off on his own and he spoke clearly.
That Canyon vs Giant video was a mess of mumbles. It's like if I were the presenter, and nobody would want that.
No idea, don't know much about any of these so called "independent" YT cycling personalities
Old 04-24-23, 04:28 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,100 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by Calsun
Electronic shifting is a good marketing ploy and it does eliminate a shift cable run but it also means one more battery to maintain. As someone is already having to charge their smartphone and their earpods and their Wahoo or Garmin unit, a Garmin Varia radar, as well as the battery on my e-road bike, the last thing I want is another device that needs a battery to function.
5 is an okay number of devices/batteries, but 6 is just ridiculous. Understood.

Or, there's an option like this...
Old 04-25-23, 04:14 AM
phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Quoted: 3259 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F

I have never understood the charging argument. I have the three types of cord I need at my desk and I swap things that need charging out during the day 2 days per week. 0 effort to remember and 0 extra time taken because I’m already sitting there anyway.

I charge
Garmin
Bone Conduction Headphones
Varia Radar
Headlight
2 SRAM Batteries
Garmin watch (I also run)
Phone (though this doesn’t count IMO)

the only thing I have to do is watch for lights to stop blinking
Likes For phrantic09:
Old 04-25-23, 04:39 AM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F

The only problem with that is the weaksaucitude.

https://satechi.net/products/6-port-...40197715492952
Likes For Bah Humbug:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.