Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Wahoo Elmnt Bolt battery level

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 05:05 AM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Bikes: Hillbrick, Malvern Star Oppy S2, Europa (R.I.P.)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Is there any way of finding out how much charge is in your Bolt when not plugged in for charging? I know that if it's charging, you can just hit the power button and it gives you that half baked battery symbol, and that's fine if you're doing long rides, but for every day commuting type use, I'd like to just know how close to flat it is (and yes, I have been caught) without having to plug it in.
Old 04-23-18, 04:43 PM
oldschool56

Bikes: 2016 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe when you first turn on the unit, a charge % will appear in the upper right of the screen.
Old 04-23-18, 05:37 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 461 Times in 363 Posts
It is on the setup page of the unit, and also on the phone app.
Old 04-24-18, 02:30 AM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
It is on the setup page of the unit, and also on the phone app.
Thank you. Found it now I know where to look. Stupid thing is, it's obvious when you know where to look, though I'd suggest it's not overly useful having to go digging for the information. I've seen the phone flash up that the unit is getting low, but that's pretty pointless because I don't go around looking at my phone all the time and when I first turn it on, I'm busy setting up the bike.

I like the Bolt and aren't planning to change, but if someone asked me about it, I'd have to give a list of ifs buts and maybes. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if they had a real MANUAL (stupid omission), I'm getting sick of learning how to use this thing by trial and error and am pretty sure I'm inefficient. Hell, I don't even know what all the information it gives you is, I'm just guessing.
Old 04-24-18, 02:34 AM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by oldschool56
I believe when you first turn on the unit, a charge % will appear in the upper right of the screen.
Didn't happen on mine, but it wouldn't surprise me if this mob have different versions.
Old 04-24-18, 04:28 PM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by europa
Thank you. Found it now I know where to look. Stupid thing is, it's obvious when you know where to look, though I'd suggest it's not overly useful having to go digging for the information. I've seen the phone flash up that the unit is getting low, but that's pretty pointless because I don't go around looking at my phone all the time and when I first turn it on, I'm busy setting up the bike.

I like the Bolt and aren't planning to change, but if someone asked me about it, I'd have to give a list of ifs buts and maybes. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if they had a real MANUAL (stupid omission), I'm getting sick of learning how to use this thing by trial and error and am pretty sure I'm inefficient. Hell, I don't even know what all the information it gives you is, I'm just guessing.
Go to their support page and look for the Instructions link. Everything you need to know is located there. Unfortunately, they don’t have a PDF file you can download but you can bookmark the page.
Old 04-24-18, 06:31 PM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
Go to their support page and look for the Instructions link. Everything you need to know is located there. Unfortunately, they don’t have a PDF file you can download but you can bookmark the page.
I actually don't find that page a lot of use. For example, what do the results of a ride, as shown on the unit itself, actually mean? Indeed, where is the information I asked for in this thread (still can't find it)? Most are fairly obvious, but the climbing ones are not, especially as they appear dodgy at times (eg, in a one hour ride, riding a loop, I start and end and very different heights). Similarly, nearly all my navigation stuff (eg uploading routes), I've discovered by accident. Its connection with the phone is variable, but I've finally worked out a routine that works everytime - after the first week, I was back at the shop I bought it from trying to get it to connect reliably, and they couldn't sort it either... until I stumbled over the system that works, which should have been explained with the product. Indeed, all the 'help' is orientated towards the roadie using it for 'training' - that might be a common customer, but it's not the only one.

Yes, once you know how to drive this thing, it's reliable and a very nice product. It should not be so hard to get to know and to use. I like it and hate it in equal measure, which is why I will not recommend it, but am quite happy to sit with someone and discuss the pros and cons. I think most who buy it and fight their way through the early days will stay with it, but I also know of people who've sent them back in disgust.

Anyway, that's my whinge for the day. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-24-18, 11:13 PM
BarryVee

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6, Santa Cruz Tallboy 27.5+

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
From the share page one can e-mail themself the .fit file. There is a summary and support info included...last line is battery charge %.
Looks like this:

-------------------------------------------
Support Information
ELEMNT v1.14.2 (293)
iPhone10,3 (v11.3)
device: iPhone10,3
language: en-US en_US
Memory: Free:142245888 Total:2470068224
Storage: Free:51385860096 Total:63937040384
Cloud ID: 606991
+ ELEMNT BOLT (BT)
+ HEART RATE (ANT+) paired to ELEMNT BOLT 0D72