Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

I'm back!

Old 06-19-18, 11:27 AM
Bikeforumuser0019
Time to Fly!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
I'm back!

Hello ppl.

Well, after years of wanting to become a regular cyclist, and commuter, I got promoted to a Manager at work and I moved to within 2 miles of my workplace! (also, this is the first time I've ever been a Manager and it's not great for my diet. GRR)

Also, I picked up a new bike w/ disc brakes and a carbon fork. I've barely ridden it yet, as I've been so busy moving for the last many weeks! I haven't even had a moment to get a proper photograph! I'm hoping that posting here will motivate me to at least get that done. (It's a Specialized Sirrus...... here is a stock photo:

I'm so stoked. It's been 2 years since I took a ride further than about 3 miles. I've really missed riding. I need to find some friends to ride with! Wish me luck......

Jessica
Old 06-20-18, 05:52 PM
aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Good luck.

Try extending your commute to work. It'll feel great, prepare you for the day, and might just make the job of managing a bit more tolerable. Take the long way home too, especially if there's any sort of great view on the way. It doesn't have to be pedal to work and back like a utility.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 06-21-18, 02:23 AM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Bikes: Hillbrick, Malvern Star Oppy S2, Europa (R.I.P.)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
In my last house, it just became impractical to commute every day so I started getting up earlier, driving the bike to work and going for a one hour ride before work. On days when it wasn't possible to ride before work, I'd do a half hour ride at lunchtime (and eat at my desk). It's just a matter of being creative with your thinking - you might have a defined start point and end point, but how you get between the two is up to you.
Old 06-29-18, 09:05 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked 3,579 Times in 2,341 Posts
congrats & welcome back to cycling. nice lookin' bike! good luck with the promotion! don't blow it!