Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

VeloCals no reply?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

VeloCals no reply?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-20, 11:17 AM
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
I visited the site they sound reasonable, just don't want to facilitate the Clist/ebay scammers. Say they may ask for picture of frame... I didn't see any pricing for their preset sheets, though. I hate to be cheap with small businesses, that actually do the original work involved, but sometimes it's hard not to try saving money there. Anybody dealt with H Lloyd recently? I sent an email query about specific Witcomb and Holdsworth stuff, and have not gotten a reply...
Old 05-21-20, 07:25 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 215 Posts
JR emailed me over the weekend and even called and left a voicemail.

Seems like a mixup/delay with the order status and stopping my job to adjust for the color after it had been filled and almost shipped. And at least one message from JR never hit my inbox.

I'd just recommend connecting with a live person over at Velocals before ordering if there's any specificity or urgency to your order.
Old 05-21-20, 07:51 PM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 606 Times in 403 Posts
I have a set I ordered from Cyclomondo in Aus. They were shipped April 15th. Greg Softly at Cyclomondo is excelent to deal with, and answers emails promptly. The post seems to be the problem. Not enough planes flying. Chock another one down to Covid-19.
Old 05-21-20, 08:23 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26394 Post(s)
Liked 10,367 Times in 7,198 Posts
Originally Posted by Last ride 76
I visited the site they sound reasonable, just don't want to facilitate the Clist/ebay scammers. Say they may ask for picture of frame... I didn't see any pricing for their preset sheets, though. I hate to be cheap with small businesses, that actually do the original work involved, but sometimes it's hard not to try saving money there. Anybody dealt with H Lloyd recently? I sent an email query about specific Witcomb and Holdsworth stuff, and have not gotten a reply...
...I have bought from them several times in the past couple of years, but I just ordered what I wanted on the website, paid by credit card, and it showed up. I've never e-mailed them.
Old 05-22-20, 07:11 AM
acm

Bikes: '84 Centurion Pro Tour 15; '97 Cannondale M900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by billytwosheds
Hi All-

I ordered a set of decals from VeloCals on 4/20 (assume what you will...) and have not heard from JR or received the decals.

Looking back at numerous thread, I'm realizing that the owner can be slow to reply.

I ordered decals from him last year and they came right quick. I also got a couple different confirmation emails, order updates, shipping, etc. This time I've only seen one auto-generated email.

To slightly complicate things, I emailed the customer care address immediately after ordering and inquired about having the decals sent in white instead of yellow (for the Allez).

TIA
Funny enough, I ordered a set of decals around the same time as you and also requested a color change! Never heard a peep in response to my color change request, and my order has been sitting in 'order received' status for a month... Sent another email this morning to the info@ address requesting an update.

I've never ordered from JR before but I was aware of his, erm, reputation going in. I ordered well in advance since their site says 3-4 weeks on custom sets. Starting to get a little worried now that I'm at 4 weeks and still haven't seen an order status change. But I haven't heard of him screwing anyone over so I guess they'll show up when they show up.

It is frustrating dealing with people who don't reply. It's not how I do business in my personal/professional life and it doesn't quite suit the instant-gratification itch we Americans have. I'm being extra-patient due to covid-19, and on the bright side my frame is also way delayed at the powder coaters so I don't have a fresh painted frame with no decals to stare at and drive me crazy!

I hope your decals show up soon
Old 05-22-20, 12:45 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Quoted: 4677 Post(s)
Liked 5,790 Times in 2,279 Posts
I've ordered from Velocals maybe a dozen times in the past few years. Some of them were custom (Grander Sportier), but mostly they were off the peg. Sometimes they took more than a few weeks, but they've always shipped, and the quality has always been excellent.
Old 05-28-20, 12:24 PM
Pompiere

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 982 Times in 510 Posts
My decals arrived today, after languishing in the Detroit sorting center for a week. It's only about 90 minutes from my house, so it was frustrating to see the USPS tracking updates each day with "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

I'm happy with the result. They weren't as hard to get lined up as I had feared.

Last edited by Pompiere; 05-28-20 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added picture
Likes For Pompiere:
Old 05-30-20, 06:39 PM
bblair

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Trek 5200, 1975 Raleigh Pro, 1973 Falcon ,Trek T50 Tandem and a 1968 Paramount in progress.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked 394 Times in 233 Posts
Just got my set in the mail today for my Paramount rehab. Took about a week.
Old 06-01-20, 01:00 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

My decals did come in the mail last week Thursday.

To be sure, get ahold of the folx at VeloCals by phone if you have any changes or questions with your order.

Quality looks great, will post pics in another thread once I get the frame decaled up.
Likes For billytwosheds:
Old 06-09-20, 07:21 AM
Voodoocurt

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
My decals did come in the mail last week Thursday.

To be sure, get ahold of the folx at VeloCals by phone if you have any changes or questions with your order.

Quality looks great, will post pics in another thread once I get the frame decaled up.
My experience this go around has been horrible...three weeks, two emails and a phone call. NOTHING. No response.
I ordered a set a few years ago and it took weeks for them to ship items “in stock”... so I had been dreading ordering from them again.

How did you get someone on the phone and what email did you use? It keeps going straight to Google voicemail for me.

V
Old 06-09-20, 07:30 AM
acm

Originally Posted by Voodoocurt
My experience this go around has been horrible...three weeks, two emails and a phone call. NOTHING. No response.
I ordered a set a few years ago and it took weeks for them to ship items “in stock”... so I had been dreading ordering from them again.

How did you get someone on the phone and what email did you use? It keeps going straight to Google voicemail for me.

V
I got a reply from the info@ address pretty quickly, after receiving none from the other address for weeks.

For what it's worth, when I finally did receive my decals he sent me a little handwritten note apologizing for the delay and explaining that business was extremely busy for him right now (I assume given the boom in bike purchases that resulted from CoVID). Given that he's already notoriously slow to respond and ship things, it's natural it would be a little worse right now.

I'll echo what a lot of others on this thread and others have said: The product is worth the wait.
Old 06-09-20, 10:20 AM
Voodoocurt

Originally Posted by acm
I got a reply from the info@ address pretty quickly, after receiving none from the other address for weeks.

For what it's worth, when I finally did receive my decals he sent me a little handwritten note apologizing for the delay and explaining that business was extremely busy for him right now (I assume given the boom in bike purchases that resulted from CoVID). Given that he's already notoriously slow to respond and ship things, it's natural it would be a little worse right now.

I'll echo what a lot of others on this thread and others have said: The product is worth the wait.

Thanks man, yeah no doubt this will be my third purchase from them and while the decals are outstanding I wished he’d hire some help LOL.
I’ll try again and hope I get somewhere... the thing is, he “stocks” an ‘88 HardRock badge, seat tube, top tube all with the “wash” behind the Specialized text but not the down tube...and in my case that’s the one in most need of updating. So I was going to buy it all in one go, but the down tube isn’t listed. Obviously he has it since he has the rest of the set, I just wanna touch base and add it.
Just can’t get a response. I’ll try again.

V
Old 06-09-20, 10:39 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,178 Times in 1,182 Posts
,I sent JR an email and received a reply the next day.
Ben
Old 06-09-20, 01:55 PM
billytwosheds 

V
I actually got a call from JR, I didn't call him myself.

The email he was working from was info@Velocals.com, so I imagine either he's triaging emails coming in and missed yours, or his inbox is sorting things poorly and he's missing messages. Hard to know, but his voicemail was friendly and professional, just late.
Old 06-18-20, 10:05 AM
Voodoocurt

I actually got a call from JR, I didn't call him myself.

The email he was working from was info@Velocals.com, so I imagine either he's triaging emails coming in and missed yours, or his inbox is sorting things poorly and he's missing messages. Hard to know, but his voicemail was friendly and professional, just late.
Called again, sent another email to the info address... a week, nothing. No response.
Old 06-18-20, 01:16 PM
billytwosheds 

Called again, sent another email to the info address... a week, nothing. No response.
Have you tried emailing the customer care email? I think it's just customercare@velocals.com

Either way you're sort of dealing with the same delay and dropping of contact as I did. Bummer.
Old 06-19-20, 06:52 AM
Voodoocurt

Have you tried emailing the customer care email? I think it's just customercare@velocals.com

Either way you're sort of dealing with the same delay and dropping of contact as I did. Bummer.
Yeah, I’ve used both emails and left two voicemail messages over three weeks. Shame.
Old 06-21-20, 05:40 AM
top506
Death fork? Naaaah!!

Bikes: Seriously downsizing.

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 280 Posts
FWIW, my last order took over 6 weeks. When it arrived it had a handwritten note thanking me for my patience and commenting on how busy they were, plus a complete set of duplicate decals. It's the longest dely I've had in all the time I've dealt with them, and STILL worth the wait:

One custom set of Ironman graphics.

(looking for a picture and not seeing it? Thank the Photobucket fiasco.PM me and I'll link it up.)
Old 06-23-20, 10:41 AM
Dion912

Bikes: 1983 Ross Utopian, 2006 Raleigh Competition, 2015 O'Doone Competition, 2017 Trek MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
I'm glad that I came across this thread. I need to order some decals for a new resto and didn't know it would take so long. He has them on ebay for the same price as his website, so I'll just probably go that route.
Old 06-23-20, 10:57 AM
acm

Originally Posted by top506
FWIW, my last order took over 6 weeks. When it arrived it had a handwritten note thanking me for my patience and commenting on how busy they were, plus a complete set of duplicate decals. It's the longest dely I've had in all the time I've dealt with them, and STILL worth the wait:

One custom set of Ironman graphics.

I'm loving the blacked out Ironman! The zebra tape and memphis-styled decals lends it all the cool 80's pastiche it needs without looking like a Miami Vice t-shirt
Old 06-23-20, 11:35 AM
billytwosheds 

Originally Posted by Dion912
I'm glad that I came across this thread. I need to order some decals for a new resto and didn't know it would take so long. He has them on ebay for the same price as his website, so I'll just probably go that route.
At least this way you'd have eBay's terms to reinforce on-time delivery. Buying straight from the site doesn't do that for you. Good idea.
Likes For billytwosheds: