Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Westchester River Walk? Can I Ride It Fri, 8/21/20?

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-20, 06:33 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts

I need to get on the bike before my four-day weekend is over and I'm looking for a "new" ride, about 20-25 miles RT, somewhere in the Long Island/Lower Hudson Valley area.

Has anybody ridden any of this new bikeway? Is it actually new, or does it encompass the South County Trailway, Croton Aqueduct, and other existing paths? I've got my 1.5" slicks on the bike right now, so dirt riding is kind of out of the question.

A reply within the next few hours would be really appreciated.
(Oh, and where is a good place to park and start the ride if I drive up from Long Island?)

Thank you!

Last edited by Papa Tom; 08-20-20 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-20-20, 07:09 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,049 Times in 1,171 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
I need to get on the bike before my four-day weekend is over and I'm looking for a "new" ride, about 20-25 miles RT, somewhere in the Long Island/Lower Hudson Valley area.

Has anybody ridden any of this new bikeway? Is it actually new, or does it encompass the South County Trailway, Croton Aqueduct, and other existing paths? I've got my 1.5" slicks on the bike right now, so dirt riding is kind of out of the question.

A reply within the next few hours would be really appreciated.
(Oh, and where is a good place to park and start the ride if I drive up from Long Island?)

Thank you!
Far as I can tell, it’s only in the planning stages.

https://planning.westchestergov.com/...ails/riverwalk
Old 08-21-20, 05:35 AM
Papa Tom

That site (which is where I got the original idea) seems to suggest that 32.9 miles are already open in Tarrytown and Croton-On-The-Hudson. Hmmmm.....

I posted here and on Facebook and only got one reply. I suppose more people would have chimed in if there was something to chime in about
Old 08-21-20, 10:38 AM
Jarrettsin

Bikes: 2016 Trek FX7.4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
That site (which is where I got the original idea) seems to suggest that 32.9 miles are already open in Tarrytown and Croton-On-The-Hudson. Hmmmm.....

I posted here and on Facebook and only got one reply. I suppose more people would have chimed in if there was something to chime in about
That what I'm seeing going to have to check it out!
Old 08-21-20, 08:06 PM
Papa Tom

Decided to ferry over to New London and ride to Mystic (my favorite place) for lunch instead. I'd imagine when this River Walk is open, we will all hear about it.