Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

New Veloflex Tire Line

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

New Veloflex Tire Line

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-20, 02:34 PM
Mulberry20

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 136 Posts
New Veloflex Tire Line

Veloflex tires have been my favorite for years but it became hard to get them since 10 people make them in Northern Italy, then the pandemic came.

https://www.veloflex.it

A TLR is now available with a 320 tpi casing.

New rubber and puncture protection on all the models.

They are wonderful tires. The old ones wore well, had good puncture protection and were like slippers.

I just bought a set of clinchers directly from them. They just started selling direct.
Likes For Mulberry20:
Old 06-07-20, 07:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,977 Times in 2,658 Posts
Glad that are finally doing a 28mm hope they go wider. I do want a pair but having to go kicking and screaming into 28mm just isn't a company I can fully get behind. WIDE OR DIE : )
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 06-08-20, 04:20 AM
Mulberry20

Probably just a question of resources at the company. They weren’t horribly expensive either. $38 each, no tax and international shipping was $15. I probably should have bought three now that I think about it, would have been free shipping but I ordered them yesterday and they are in the air already.
Likes For Mulberry20:
Old 06-13-20, 03:24 PM
Mulberry20

My review after 120 miles:

pros: fast, supple, stable, great grip, excellent value, option for tan sidewalls, spot on measurement and weight

con: a bit difficult to get on, not the worst though

No brainer if you need tires

Last edited by Mulberry20; 06-13-20 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-14-20, 06:13 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulberry20
My review after 120 miles:

pros: fast, supple, stable, great grip, excellent value, option for tan sidewalls, spot on measurement and weight

con: a bit difficult to get on, not the worst though

No brainer if you need tires
That’s a very strong recommendation considering that 100% of cyclists need tires.

Can you list the tires that you have experience with? Is this tire better than all those tires in every single way?

EDIT: Also, why the evo and not the race? It seems like the only difference is that the Evo is 320TPI and the Race is 350TPI

Last edited by smashndash; 06-14-20 at 06:21 PM.
Likes For smashndash:
Old 06-14-20, 06:21 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Report on longevity in 3-5000 miles.
Likes For BlazingPedals:
Old 06-14-20, 06:40 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Probably just a question of resources at the company. They weren’t horribly expensive either. $38 each, no tax and international shipping was $15. I probably should have bought three now that I think about it, would have been free shipping but I ordered them yesterday and they are in the air already.
to be exact, that's 38 euros, or 43 dollars. Still a nice price compared to the other high TPI tires on the market.
Old 06-14-20, 06:49 PM
Mulberry20

Originally Posted by aclinjury
to be exact, that's 38 euros, or 43 dollars. Still a nice price compared to the other high TPI tires on the market.
10% discount on first order. Had I bought a third as a spare the shipping would have been free. No sales tax.

Like everyone over the past few years we reached for Contis mostly, Michelins, so I have used the Conti 4000’s until two years ago. I had a set of the old Veloflex Corsas but they were hard to get but I loved them. I put Pirelli Velos on my Colgnago and had Gatorskins on the Serotta since it is in Manhattan. I really didn’t need that much puncture protection so when I saw the new Corsa EVO grabbed a set. Two day shipping from Italy is hard to beat. They are more robust and puncture resistant than the old but still really supple. Bike Tire Rolling Resistance has puncture protection on par with the Conti 5000 for the old Corsa.

Very pleased thus far. We shall see how it goes.

Last edited by Mulberry20; 06-14-20 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-14-20, 07:00 PM
Mulberry20

Veloflex is a cool story. Former Vittoria people that got pissed off when production was moved to Thailand. The tires have an excellent reputation in Europe and growing here.
Old 06-14-20, 08:37 PM
aclinjury

10% discount on first order. Had I bought a third as a spare the shipping would have been free. No sales tax.

Like everyone over the past few years we reached for Contis mostly, Michelins, so I have used the Conti 4000’s until two years ago. I had a set of the old Veloflex Corsas but they were hard to get but I loved them. I put Pirelli Velos on my Colgnago and had Gatorskins on the Serotta since it is in Manhattan. I really didn’t need that much puncture protection so when I saw the new Corsa EVO grabbed a set. Two day shipping from Italy is hard to beat. They are more robust and puncture resistant than the old but still really supple. Bike Tire Rolling Resistance has puncture protection on par with the Conti 5000 for the old Corsa.

Very pleased thus far. We shall see how it goes.
how does the 10% discount work? I didn't see it applied in my cart
Old 06-14-20, 08:45 PM
Mulberry20

Originally Posted by aclinjury
how does the 10% discount work? I didn't see it applied in my cart
You have to subscribe then they email you a code try mine it will most likely work
Old 06-14-20, 10:23 PM
aclinjury

You have to subscribe then they email you a code try mine it will most likely work
that worked, thanks
Old 07-05-20, 08:18 AM
Mulberry20

1000 Miles

So I have 1000 miles on these tires. These are dream tires. The new compound is much more durable than the old. No cuts, no punctures, pebble grain still visible on the rear.

I did a rotation and took the opportunity to put new Silca latex tubes on. These added another velvety layer to the ride.

Definitely buying another set when the time comes.

Last edited by Mulberry20; 07-05-20 at 08:21 AM.
Likes For Mulberry20:
Old 09-03-20, 10:15 PM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts
So I just installed a set of Veloflex Corsa EVO tubeless tyres on my bike. After just over 150k I have to say I am enjoying these tyre a lot. They roll nicely and seem to roll easier/faster than my previous set of tyres (Pro One on front, PIrelli on the rear). So far, no complaints!

Mulberry20 How that you presumably have some more miles on your set, what do you think of them?
Old 09-04-20, 04:54 AM
Mulberry20

Originally Posted by NoWhammies
So I just installed a set of Veloflex Corsa EVO tubeless tyres on my bike. After just over 150k I have to say I am enjoying these tyre a lot. They roll nicely and seem to roll easier/faster than my previous set of tyres (Pro One on front, PIrelli on the rear). So far, no complaints!

Mulberry20 How that you presumably have some more miles on your set, what do you think of them?
They have been fantastic after 3 months and roughly 2,000 miles. My riding is somewhat in a controlled environment in that there is never sharp debris around, but no punctures. They are wearing well for such a light tire and they don’t feel any different. I just took that of the rear tire.

How did you find mounting them?

Last edited by Mulberry20; 09-04-20 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-04-20, 08:12 AM
NoWhammies

How did you find mounting them?
I needed to use a tire bead jack to get the tubeless tyre on the back rim. The tyre also wouldn't seat, even after multiple blasts with the air canister on my pump. Eventually, I put some sealant in the deflated/unseated tyre and then did a blast with the air canister. That seemed to do the trick as the tyre held enough air so I could pump more air into the tyre to allow the tyre to seat.

The front tyre I was able to mount with hand strength alone, and the tyre seated no problem.

One reason why the front tyre might have mounted easier is I had that tyre lying out in the sun while I was monkeying around with the rear wheel. The might have given the tyre enough time to heat/stretch that I was able to get the tyre on the rim. Although I don't know if that explains why it seated so easily.

I'm riding on 25mm tyres at the moment, but I am thinking my next purchase will be 28s just to give it a try.
Old 09-04-20, 08:20 AM
Mulberry20

I wish I could fit 28's. I just ordered three more 25's to get free shipping. I am using tubes and when the bead seats there is a pop as the tube expands. They fit tight the first time and the bead is about about 5mm from the edge so it pops when air goes in the tube. I suspect that is why yours didn't seat right away.

They are fast, supple and surprising durable for a tire so lightly built. I only have one minor surface cut on the rear.
Old 09-04-20, 09:26 PM
NoWhammies

So thanks to your post (and discount code ) I ordered three tyres in my first go round. I am liking the tyres some much, I will likely order another three, just to round our my set. Not to mention hitting the free shipping threshold. Mind you, while the shipping was free, I did get dinged with import duties. Kind of took the fun out of the purchase a little bit.

Old 09-04-20, 09:38 PM
Mulberry20

Originally Posted by NoWhammies
So thanks to your post (and discount code ) I ordered three tyres in my first go round. I am liking the tyres some much, I will likely order another three, just to round our my set. Not to mention hitting the free shipping threshold. Mind you, while the shipping was free, I did get dinged with import duties. Kind of took the fun out of the purchase a little bit.

No import duty for me. Got lucky I guess but you are in Canada right? I am in NYC and customs here is too busy for this stuff. Complete bikes get through for $50 not the 11%.

best,