Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cinelli Pressure sizing

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Cinelli Pressure sizing

Old 09-19-20, 07:02 AM
mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

Bikes: Look 695, Wilier Izoard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Cinelli Pressure sizing

I'm looking at the new Cinelli Pressure. Fit-wise I'm dialed in to current Look 695 size XS, but the geometry falls in between the Cinelli's XS and S in stack, reach, top tube, head tube, etc by ~5 -10 mm or so. Which size should I go for?

Likes For mpath:
Old 09-19-20, 10:10 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
With all the detailed info you gave us about your size and the bikes, then I'd say get the one that fits. <grin>

Tube lengths don't matter as much as do where the contact points of your body to the bicycle wind up. Differing tube lengths, angles, stem length, handlebar reach/drop, crank length and other things affect that that you won't know by just looking for how long the top tube is.
Old 09-19-20, 11:08 AM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 476 Times in 258 Posts
I don't know what size you should get, but that bike is flippin' hot.
Old 09-19-20, 11:34 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 376 Times in 210 Posts
You can also get that bike in black:

ENGINE11 ? ENGINE11 Mach1 frame set.

For sizing, how do you feel your current bike is? If perfect, I would look for something that is similar and skip this bike. If you always felt it was too short or too long, go in that direction but to me it would be a tough call without a test ride.

Last edited by vespasianus; 09-19-20 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-19-20, 06:13 PM
jad3675

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus

For sizing, how do you feel your current bike is? If perfect, I would look for something that is similar and skip this bike. If you always felt it was too short or too long, go in that direction but to me it would be a tough call without a test ride.
So, Cinelli is doing open mold bikes now?
Old 09-19-20, 06:24 PM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Originally Posted by jad3675
So, Cinelli is doing open mold bikes now?
Actually, I think most their stuff is open mold.
Old 09-20-20, 08:40 AM
mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

Deliveries won't be until end of the year no chance to test ride it, and doubtful my local LBS would build up in multiple sizes for road tests. My Look has the ideal fit as I can do a century with no pain points or hot spots, other than general fatigue after. I'll be keeping the Look, but I just want another bike - an aero frame this time - without being the big four - Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale (nothing wrong with these!) - or ones my riding buddies have - the Basso Diamante SV, Colnago Concept, De Rosa SK.

Geometry-wise, as they say, you can't make a big bike small. So going for the smaller of the two, hopefully I can adjust the seat and perhaps increase the stem length to dial in the fit.

Bellati Sport is current offering the frameset for ~US$3200 but includes the Vision Metron 5D integrated handlebar instead of the unbranded one (probably exactly the same).
Old 09-20-20, 10:15 AM
vespasianus

Originally Posted by mpath
Deliveries won't be until end of the year no chance to test ride it, and doubtful my local LBS would build up in multiple sizes for road tests. My Look has the ideal fit as I can do a century with no pain points or hot spots, other than general fatigue after. I'll be keeping the Look, but I just want another bike - an aero frame this time - without being the big four - Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale (nothing wrong with these!) - or ones my riding buddies have - the Basso Diamante SV, Colnago Concept, De Rosa SK.

Geometry-wise, as they say, you can't make a big bike small. So going for the smaller of the two, hopefully I can adjust the seat and perhaps increase the stem length to dial in the fit.

Bellati Sport is current offering the frameset for ~US$3200 but includes the Vision Metron 5D integrated handlebar instead of the unbranded one (probably exactly the same).
I hear you regarding the big four. Nothing wrong with them but also nothing wrong with trying to get something different. And for what it is worth, when I had my Cinelli Superstar repaired, I had the shop do a complete scan (ultrasound and internal scope) to check the frame and make sure it was ok. He actually said that it was really well built and better than the Specialized and Treks he normally repairs.

Also, Antonio Colombo seems like a bit of a crazy wacky dude. Personally, I like that. The silly smily face on the Pressure for example, just classic Colombo.

Last edited by vespasianus; 09-20-20 at 02:39 PM.
Likes For vespasianus:
Old 09-21-20, 07:23 AM
mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

I hear you regarding the big four. Nothing wrong with them but also nothing wrong with trying to get something different. And for what it is worth, when I had my Cinelli Superstar repaired, I had the shop do a complete scan (ultrasound and internal scope) to check the frame and make sure it was ok. He actually said that it was really well built and better than the Specialized and Treks he normally repairs.

Also, Antonio Colombo seems like a bit of a crazy wacky dude. Personally, I like that. The silly smily face on the Pressure for example, just classic Colombo.
Yeah the smily face is a quirky detail. And despite the fact that it's the same frame, the Cinelli's paint scheme is world's apart compared to Engine11's.
Old 09-21-20, 08:14 AM
jad3675

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Actually, I think most their stuff is open mold.
That's disappointing - even the Superstar and Strato Faster - two bikes they actually race on?

John
Old 09-23-20, 07:49 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
You never stated how your Look 695 is dialed in so it's impossible to say which size Cinelli one would choose.

Other than stack and reach, you have stem length. If your 695 is dialed in with a 120mm stem, then it would make sense to go with the larger Cinelli.
Old 09-23-20, 08:37 AM
mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

Originally Posted by jadocs
You never stated how your Look 695 is dialed in so it's impossible to say which size Cinelli one would choose.

Other than stack and reach, you have stem length. If your 695 is dialed in with a 120mm stem, then it would make sense to go with the larger Cinelli.
100 mm stem. Here's the comparison from Geometry Geeks: https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/l...light-2017-xs/
Old 09-23-20, 09:07 AM
jadocs

100 mm stem. Here's the comparison from Geometry Geeks: https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/l...light-2017-xs/
When I pull that up on my phone (blocked on desktop at work) it has "2012-13 Look 695 XS" and "2017 Look 695 XS" (in addition to the Cinelli you are looking at). Which 695 do you have? because they both appear to have slightly different geo if I'm reading it right.
Old 09-23-20, 09:16 AM
mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

2012 but the data points on Geometry Geek are incomplete so I added the 2017 as well (same frame, just slightly different carbon layup for the aerolight).
Old 09-23-20, 09:30 AM
jadocs

2012 but the data points on Geometry Geek are incomplete so I added the 2017 as well (same frame, just slightly different carbon layup for the aerolight).
Well, going off the 2017 data and the fact that you are currently dialed in with a 100mm stem on the 695....and the XS Cinelli reach is 5mm shorter with a 3mm shorter stack....and also looking at how your 695 is currently setup (you look flexible - in other words you don't have a ton of spacers and decent saddle to bar drop)....I would tend to lean towards the XS Cinelli on a 110mm stem

That's just my thought process above.
Likes For jadocs:
Old 09-23-20, 10:27 AM
mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

Originally Posted by jadocs
Well, going off the 2017 data and the fact that you are currently dialed in with a 100mm stem on the 695....and the XS Cinelli reach is 5mm shorter with a 3mm shorter stack....and also looking at how your 695 is currently setup (you look flexible - in other words you don't have a ton of spacers and decent saddle to bar drop)....I would tend to lean towards the XS Cinelli on a 110mm stem

That's just my thought process above.
Thank you. You've been very helpful. My winter project will be on how I'll build the bike up - first time with discs for me.