Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

1st ride since surgery for a sarcoma

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-19, 11:39 AM
HM70

Bikes: Bertoni SLX (Daccordi)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

It's been at least seven weeks since they took a big bite out of my left buttock. The tumor was inside gluteus maximus. Good news is pathology report says there was no cancer despite the gloomy assessment of the biopsy. "There is a 20% chance this will spread. You will need to come in every 6months for chest scan". BS! At 70 years old with a lump that caused no pain I wished we could wait and see what a second biopsy would show.
So my ride felt damn good after waiting more than the 6weeks Dr. recommended. 15 miles on Bottecchia with 6 miles into the wind. The scar is well away from the sit bones so I immediately recognized that is more painful to sit on the couch than on my bike. Downside is lack of core strength from being sedentary for so long. Going back to Yoga classes should fix that.

Getting back on the bike has put a
smile on my face after such an ordeal!
Likes For HM70: