Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20119 Post(s)
Liked 3,315 Times in 2,419 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone View Post
I had thought Vikings stood together.

....I thought all the Vikings fans lived in MN ?
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 07-27-20, 07:16 PM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 236 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
....I thought all the Vikings fans lived in MN ?
They had to stop there for new sails. No telling where they settled later on. I think most of them became Cheese Heads.
Likes For Wileyone:
Old 07-27-20, 07:28 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked 1,680 Times in 1,063 Posts
They had to stop there for new sails. No telling where they settled later on. I think most of them became Cheese Heads.
Yes, ND, Minnesota and Wisconsin but some of us drifted South You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying FU to some people in a nice way by saying Iím not one of you by saying Iím a Viking not a Stupid Azz Redneck! Nice way of saying NO THANKS Iím not going to attend a rally. I was a guest and had to decline in a polite way. Plus the brew was flowing Most people here are doing the right thing but we have people that ok are F-ing not very smart or educated.. Now Iím jamming Tool then Iron Maiden then when I feel like a Viking the Enslaved will get on the speakers.
Old 07-27-20, 07:30 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 188 Posts
..worry about the economy later. Money isn't any good if you are all dead.
Bingo! Amazing how many politicians haven't figured this one out yet.
Likes For bobwysiwyg:
Old 07-27-20, 07:33 PM
Wileyone 

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Yes, ND, Minnesota and Wisconsin but some of us drifted South You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying FU to some people in a nice way by saying Iím not one of you by saying Iím a Viking not a Stupid Azz Redneck! Nice way of saying NO THANKS Iím not going to attend a rally. I was a guest and had to decline in a polite way. Plus the brew was flowing Most people here are doing the right thing but we have people that ok are F-ing not very smart or educated.. Now Iím jamming Tool then Iron Maiden then when I feel like a Viking the Enslaved will get on the speakers.
You've been into the sauce haven't you... I can see a lot of redneck there too.
Old 07-27-20, 07:48 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Yup, but all I know that Enslaved is awesome and they never disappoint an old metal head

Old 07-27-20, 07:51 PM
Wileyone 

Yup, but all I know that Enslaved is awesome and they never disappoint an old metal head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ptxt1FQiU
Wow you are the master. But still a redneck.
Old 07-27-20, 08:00 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Wow you are the master. But still a redneck.
Yup, thatís life.
Old 07-27-20, 08:06 PM
Wileyone 

Yup, thatís life.
You might like this.

Likes For Wileyone:
Old 07-27-20, 08:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Love it! Saw them or him back in 1983 in San Antonio. Very talented..
Old 07-27-20, 08:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Love it! Saw them or him back in 1983 in San Antonio. Very talented..
Old 07-27-20, 08:13 PM
Wileyone 

Why did you have to say it twice?
Old 07-27-20, 08:20 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Why did you have to say it twice?
Because Iím a Redneck and can only get crappy Hughesnet and it drags when everyone is on it in the evening. I want Viking Internet
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 07-27-20, 08:33 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Originally Posted by bikecrate View Post
I read FL just passed NY in confirmed Covid cases. Look out the rest of the US, we're coming for you. Although I am a little disappointed the GOP convention was cancelled. This was part of DeSantis not so secret plan to keep us on top.
...I was kind of worried when we elected Arnold as the Governator here a while back. But it turned out he was relatively intelligent. He just couldn't get much done here with the predominately Democratic Leg we've had for many years. But your current guy really is the Terminator, in every sense of the word. Good luck and Godspeed.
Old 07-27-20, 08:40 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Your a fool. And I say that in a nice way... This is not a contest. I don't fault you because you suffer from lack of leadership.
...lacking leadership would be a marked improvement in this instance. We're unfortunate enough to have a guy on the national level who turns everything he touches to ****. And some of the states are getting exactly what they paid for. But what surprises me still is that people here still don't get it (at this late date, and with the death numbers approaching the magical 150.000 mark). On my 30 miler ride up the American river trail today, on my way back down I saw two rental rafts, both packed full of ten or 12 people per raft. They were all whooping it up and having a genuinely good time. And so it goes.

It's one thing to lack leadership, it's another to lack a sense of personal responsibility.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 07-27-20, 08:40 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Your a fool. And I say that in a nice way... This is not a contest. I don't fault you because you suffer from lack of leadership.
Enough already Iím taking every precaution to protect my family. Please donít make assumptions. And donít quote the Bad News Bears about assume That was a cool movie back in the day.
Old 07-27-20, 08:45 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

...lacking leadership would be a marked improvement in this instance. We're unfortunate enough to have a guy on the national level who turns everything he touches to ****. And some of the states are getting exactly what they paid for. But what surprises me still is that people here still don't get it (at this late date, and with the death numbers approaching the magical 150.000 mark). On my 30 miler ride up the American river trail today, on my way back down I saw two rental rafts, both packed full of ten or 12 people per raft. They were all whooping it up and having a genuinely good time. And so it goes.

It's one thing to lack leadership, it's another to lack a sense of personal responsibility.
That nails it! Personal Responsibility!
Old 07-27-20, 09:04 PM
Wileyone 

Enough already Iím taking every precaution to protect my family. Please donít make assumptions. And donít quote the Bad News Bears about assume That was a cool movie back in the day.
You started this thread as a "contest". It's not.
Old 07-27-20, 09:31 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2696 Post(s)
Liked 1,131 Times in 775 Posts
That nails it! Personal Responsibility!
Isn't personal responsibility a Republican idea? I seem to recall George W (?) running on that theme and getting elected. (Might have the wrong pres. These campaign slogans run together in my mind.|
Old 07-27-20, 09:42 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Originally Posted by 79pmooney View Post
Isn't personal responsibility a Republican idea? I seem to recall George W (?) running on that theme and getting elected. (Might have the wrong pres. These campaign slogans run together in my mind.|
I Vote DEMOCRATIC every time .. even against everyone close to me. You donít like it the Ostracized Me they donít because they know when things suck and you need help I will be there. Even a 4am in the Hondo Hilton aka JAIL or if you need help after a flood or someone knocked 100 yards of the fence down. Iím the Bro they call.
Old 07-27-20, 10:16 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Originally Posted by 79pmooney View Post
...candidates and Presidents from either party have spun it out over the years. There was Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you..." line. But we seem to have entered a new age in America, where a significant portion of the citizenry feels like things ought to change just because they feel like they ought to change. And when there is disagreement on the direction the changes ought to take. the Fox News citizenry start shouting about the freedom to do whatever the hell you want, 'cause 'Murrica. And the MSNBC citizenry is right out there shouting about what's right, 'cause it's just right.

I don't really understand this place any more, and with the exception of a few years in Italy, I've lived here my whole damn life.

This was not how I was brought up and educated. Somehow in the ensuing years something got lost with regard to rights and responsibilities, and how they are both incumbent on an informed member of the electorate.I don't have many answers, but it wouldn't hurt anything if Tucker Carlson took an early retirement. And iff maybe we stopped electing guys who are long on rhetoric and short on ethics.

I was down on Republicans when the Nixon era played out, but at least those guys had the principles to go over to the White House and tell him it was over, and to resign or get fired. And I haven't forgotten either that it was Lyndon Johnson who tried to get me killed in SE Asia. I was too lucky for him, though, and ended up in Italy. You can't beat lucky.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 07-27-20, 10:55 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2696 Post(s)
Liked 1,131 Times in 775 Posts
I was born in Boston. 5th grade, my town had its tri-centennial. My mom and her friends got together that summer and we had a camp on the Revolutionary War. Went to Boston, the Old North Church, Bunker Hill, Lexington, Concord. Learned that we fought that war to free ourselves of a foreign government that had agenda that didn't include us (except as tax payers).

In high school, I knew I could well be called to go to Viet Nam to kill people fighting on their soil. I knew I couldn't do it; that if I put myself there, there was a good chance I would not be able to pull the trigger and with a grandfather that was at the worst we saw in WWI and an ex-marine teacher who saw Okinawa, I knew I had absolutely no business putting myself in a foxhole with buddies and those doubts. Spent my last two high school years knowing I'm might be going to Federal prison where I would not fare well. Christmas break, freshman year - 264. I was off the hook.

A year later I went to the protest of Nixon's Re-inauguration. Got to see first hand our capitol's police lie to the world. In the paper the next day, 50,000 protestors. No f***ing way. My school couldn't come remotely close to seating us all in the stadium.

Those two mentors, my grandpa and the teacher "got" how costly war was because they lived it and they chose to share that with me. I've always been grateful. The presidents I respect over my lifetime: Eisenhower, Carter and Clinton. (No, Carter was not a good president. But he was the best man who ever served that post and - by a long shot - the best ex-president.)

Ben
Likes For 79pmooney:
Old 07-28-20, 12:22 AM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Yup, had three relatives in Nam two where helicopter pilots both came home alive one shot down but got rescued. The infantry cousin got shot in back of the head and died. The impact on a family lasts a long time. Yes I was just a child when this happened but it is ignition point today. Tears at the fabric that holds a people together.
Old 07-28-20, 11:03 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 132 Posts
...I was kind of worried when we elected Arnold as the Governator here a while back. But it turned out he was relatively intelligent. He just couldn't get much done here with the predominately Democratic Leg we've had for many years. But your current guy really is the Terminator, in every sense of the word. Good luck and Godspeed.
I had some hope for DeSantis early on. He did some good not-so-Republican things and he handled hurricane Irma well. Then he drank deep of the coolaid. Luck has nothing to do with it at this point. You have to be skilled and determined to screw up this much.
Likes For bikecrate:
Old 07-29-20, 02:01 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Breezer Radar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1716 Post(s)
Liked 987 Times in 466 Posts
Louie Gohmert is doing his part to get Texas back on top.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...ovid-19-report

Say's he probably caught Covid-19 from wearing a mask.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.