Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,087 Posts
Texas Reclaims #1

14,000 new cases in the last 72 hours and is once again #1 . Bubba and Bubbete are pure geniuses
Old 10-09-20, 12:23 PM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
I'd like to make a joke about FL, but the first person I know has died of Covid. It wasn't a close friend or family, but kind of a neighbor who would do small things for us like pick up a package when we were not home. One day she was not able to come over cause she wasn't feeling well. Then next thing we know she had gone to the ER and passed away. This was all going on during Trump's whole Covid exposure farce. A sobering contrast.
Likes For bikecrate:
Old 10-09-20, 07:29 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Paramount, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 340 Posts
Hondo,
I had to go to our ER for a neck injury this week. They kept me for two days of observation. Let me tell you I was observed from about forty different ways and none relating to my original complaint. The ER's are making up for lost revenue from Covid and elective surgeries by gouging guys like me. This has been the worst week of my life thanks to greed from corporate pirates. It will be about a $10,000 stay for a two day stay that should have been two hours, and about $4K.. Color me homicidal. Smiles, MH
Old 10-09-20, 07:53 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 484 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk View Post
Hondo,
I had to go to our ER for a neck injury this week. They kept me for two days of observation. Let me tell you I was observed from about forty different ways and none relating to my original complaint. The ER's are making up for lost revenue from Covid and elective surgeries by gouging guys like me. This has been the worst week of my life thanks to greed from corporate pirates. It will be about a $10,000 stay for a two day stay that should have been two hours, and about $4K.. Color me homicidal. Smiles, MH
Where is that on the color spectrum? Maybe near bluish-orange?
Old 10-09-20, 08:01 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,087 Posts
Yup had hand surgery a few months before covid and it was botched! Didn’t go back and said F them and the worthless physical therapy that did nothing. My Viking pinky still crooked but I can still ride my bikes proficiently. All I saw was a money scam like you said... they were all seeing $ instead of being genuinely interested in making my hand well. Had a very bad molar that needed removal an oral surgeon from Mexico extracted the tooth and it wasn’t horrible in fact very painless and professional. I believe if I want my hands fixed as best as possible I will have to go to another country. Heck I’m 120 miles from Mexico! I have so called good insurance from Blue Cross Of Texas but received nothing but crummy care. Maybe 3rd World Mexico or Brazil will be a better option. Just NO cosmetic nightmare back alley clinic surgery You being out of 10K is criminal and all kinds of F up. Crazy times right now .... great to have an escape via riding bikes.
Old 10-23-20, 05:03 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Paramount, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 340 Posts
Hondo,
Thinking about Texas and those who I have there. And I am listening to the latest CD from Bootsy Collins that was delivered to me today from a friend. And having a cold one of these:

brought to me from a friend after a trip to Wisconsin
Smiles, MH
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 10-23-20, 07:22 PM
clubman 
Youngman Grand

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 463 Posts
Biased but relevant to thread drift here.

I've had multiple knee replacements, broken ankles, dozens of ex-rays/CT scans/MRI's/chest and lungs scans, vascular surgery, hernias, cysts, retinal, cranial, cardio, adrenal, food allergies, etc all surgeries for medical reasons are covered. Yes there's triage and wait lists and line ups but there's no charge or maybe a token monthly fee. It's free here north of the 49th. Dental emergency surgeries yes but all other dentistry no. Ambulances charge as well but not paramedics.
Expect more from those with the ability to change things.
Warren in N.S.
Likes For clubman:
Old 10-27-20, 03:41 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Liked 538 Times in 389 Posts

El Paso imposes curfew as virus cases overwhelm hospitals