Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Diagram for SA S2 kick shift hub? And what the heck are all these nuts for?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Wanted: Diagram for SA S2 kick shift hub? And what the heck are all these nuts for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 05:41 PM
Buikema

Bikes: '81 & '09 Phoenix rod brake roadster cargo bike, '08 Santa Cruz Superlight, Jamis Eclipse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah. Looking for an exploded diagram of the Sturmey Archer duomatic S2 kickback hub. Wondering if I'm going to regret taking it apart or not. If you have one, or know where one might be posted on the trusty interweb, let me know, would be much appreciated.

Also, and I know this is a silly question, but it came with three nuts on it the axel, and I don't know what I'm supposed to so with them. Umm.. 3? Not 2, not 4. Plus to Lug nut looking things for wheel nuts. So, what am I supposed to do with all of these. I would have supposed that two were for attaching the wheel to the bike, and maybe two for spacers or keeping the axel in place, but then what is the other one for?

This is my first venture into internal hubs, maybe this is just the sort of thing I'm supposed to know. Thoughts?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1627.jpg (88.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-26-11, 05:56 PM
Muttleyone
Don't be a "Drew"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Funny I just got mine today and I had just looked this up.
https://www.sturmey-archer.com/userfi...s/S2C-Tech.pdf

Mutt
Old 01-26-11, 06:58 PM
Buikema

Bikes: '81 & '09 Phoenix rod brake roadster cargo bike, '08 Santa Cruz Superlight, Jamis Eclipse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sweet. I looked on the SA website and I missed that somehow. Thanks for that.